Just got back from a week at Summer Bay Resort & had a fabulous family vacation! our experience started late Sat night as our GPS led us on a bit of a goose chase - after a long flight and at 1AM we called the registration attendant who was very courteous and helped direct us to make our way quickly to the resort and with a speedy registration we got the kids & us in much needed beds!
I had read good and not so good reviews ahead of time so came with an open mind ......we loved our accommodation- the 3 bed house overlooking the lake, with our own pool. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids ranging in ages from 6-17). The house had ample space (3 bedrooms - 2 king beds and 1 with twins and 3 en-suite bathrooms) -it was clean, comfortable and met all our needs - kitchen, dining area, family room area, washer/dryer, garage, wifi, tvs in all bedrooms/family area....maybe wouldn't say 5 star but a good 4 star and we loved having our own screened in pool (I might have been more nervous re the pool with toddlers but my kids ages & swimming capability it was perfect!). We stayed away one night at Disney at their top-rated hotel and have to say we were all happy to get back to our Summer Bay accommodation :) The resort amenities were great - kids loved the activities tye die shirts, wiggly creatures, journal making and the gator visit & the pools, play area and water park feature & hair braiding (extra $). They also loved ordering 'virgin' daiquiris at the bar! As for bugs...I lived in Florida for a year before and while I hate the roach critters however they are unfortunately a downside of florida life....think we killed 4 roaches in total in 7 days so I can live with that! Phone wasn't working in the home on 1st day - mentioned to guest services and was fixed that night. We had rented a car and wouldn't have wanted to stay here without our own vehicle-though construction on throughfare in front of resort is a bit of a pain but we managed ok. all in all we had a fab time and would definitely come back! Thanks Summer Bay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts