“scam hoax, and more scam!”

Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed May 18, 2004

no words to even begin. read and beware!!! a lomg story short: "fell" for the scam. bought pckg. deal for 399$. came time to shedule plans, reserved date for vacation paid another 49$s, was told would receive receipt, plus verification of dates, accommodations, etc...when i NEVER received either one, i called back the tel. no's i was given, i was sent "half way around the world" like a yo yo told my name doesnt even come up and every single person i had ever spoken to couple days before (i wrote all their names down) ceased to exist, now a couple days later! i spoke to some of the same people (they had the same voice) but they denied being called the names they had given me just days earlier.....i have no date or receipt for my trip and NO ONE to talk to about it! (---)

31  Thank tweety123456
There are newer reviews for Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts

greensburg, pa
Reviewed May 16, 2004

wow, am i glad i did not fall for this scam!!!
iopened a email with this "you won 2 nights & 3 days hotel stay, wowo this was great!!, the one area was exactly where we were headed for vacation!! i thought , great what timing, well i called & of course got the sales pitch, but mine was for $249- & had 18mo. to useit!! well i said i dont even have that in my account, so i was offered it for $198!!! wow!, i thought what a deal, going to florida & only paying $200 that would be better than Dolly wood , tennessee, right?, uh, wrong!!!
thank god she told me that she nedded 35-45 days of notice to use this & my husband only had 1 week of vaction & we were leaving in 2 days so we wouldnt be able to use it!! She then did preeceed to tell me where to go to get the "free" hotel, &lone & behold, after 15 mins. i gave up, there was no such website!! watch matchstickmen, good movie, thats this deal!! Scam written all over it!!! i was lucky though, but i ve read some were not!!!, dont even give it a second thoughgt, dont even check into it!!!

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2004

We stayed at the Summer Bay resort in April and were very impressed with the size of the rooms. It was fully kitted out with everything you would need for self - catering. The staff were friendly and helpful. The resort was clean and well run. There are some building works going on but this doesn't interfere in anyway with your stay. l felt very safe and wished we had had more time to enjoy everything the resort had to offer. We were not hassled in anyway by anything to do with the time-share aspect. For £50 per night l thought it was a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2004
10  Thank mariechez
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 10, 2004

How do I begain. The 3day 2 Night FREE mini vacation with NO OBLIGATIONS that you recieve when you complete a survey was anything But FREE. they don't tell you that you must view timeshare. Not only that when you call it's a sales pitch for a flordia vacation(what a deal @$349 YEA) You must view timeshare not ONE TIME, but At EACH PLACE YOU GO> that's 2 times on a 5 night vacation, and the one time on the FREE- NO OBLIGATIONS mini vacation you WON!!I was dumb enough to fall for it and was told via web link that I had 7 Days to cancel, However when I called back less than 8 hour later no one could answer my questions or cancel my vacation. All I got was a smart--- on the other line telling me he knew that the 7 days was for full price vacations.I however keep everything I respond to for a few days and have a print out of the Participation rules that clearly states the 7 day rule.PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR SCAM LIKE I DID. All I wanted was for my two daughters to have a nice vacation that I couldn't give them now that I quit work to be a full time mommy. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND LIKE THE $ AMOUNT YOU DON'T GET MUCH. IF THEY PROMPT YOU EXIT OUT AND DO NOT LOOK BACK.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 10, 2004

I just had to add my review on this resort, since I see so many negative comments. I did not get my room like many of the guest, I brought my suite from Hotelkingdom.com for a great price, we stayed in a 2/2 bath condo w/ jacuzzi. It was so nice that we actually took digital pictures to take home to give us an idea on how to remodel our kitchen. This place is very beautiful, no one bothered us and the rooms were decorated so nice. All I can say is that I as a little leary about what to expect from all these negative reviews, but this place is so nice. We were checked in a matter of minutes, the condo had ALL the amenties that me and my family needed (it was 6 of us). Please go to SummerBay you will not be disappointed. We just returned 5/9/04 and we had a wonderful time. Also, try to make sure that you leave a day where you can enjoy all the amenties that they have on site, I am just sorry that we did not have enough time for that.

10  Thank icatcher
Madison, WI
Reviewed May 10, 2004

I was Popped this promotion on the computer and when I tried to cancel the charges I was told, very curtly by Jennifer the customer care supervisor, that I would be committing fraud and than promptly hung-up on me. I never did use the conformation codes they gave me and I also tried to cancel within 72 hours/business time.

It was websites like these that made me think twice about following through with the transaction. The Web is great for keeping this information available.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 10, 2004

I recieved a telemarketing call on March 30 for solicitation for a vacation package. I agreed to pay 100.00 down on the package and was to pay the remainder when notified by the company. On April 5, 2004. the total amount of 349.00 was deducted from my checking account. I became aware of this withdrawal on April 23 when I recieved my checking account statement and NSF notices from my bank. I contacted the company. Inititally an associate named Brandon stated that the verification tape was blank but that they would refund the $349.00. I attemtpted to contact Brandon daily by phone but he was never available and did not return my calls. I eventually talked ot Jose Cruz on pril 28. In less than 5 minutes he reviewed the verification tape and verified that the 349 was not authorized by me. He issued a credit memo to my account and the 349.00 was deposited the next day. He stated that he would have to pass the information on to his supervisor to approve reimbursement of the NSF charges that increased daily. I was given contact information for Kiete Lou in the sales as the person in charge of the reimbursement. On May 7th, I spoke with Kiete Lou who stated that Dave McGhee was the owner and that he would contact me on 5/10. On 5/10, I called for Dave, left numerous messages and did not recieve a return call.. My NSF charges now total over $800.00 and increase daily. The company is not returning my call and have not resolved this matter in over 3 weeks. Meanwhile, I am facing financial ruin due to not being able to pay my bills. My credit with the companies that are receiving the returned payments is ruined and I have been taken off of many of my automatic payment plans. This company withdrew money from my account without my authorization and caused my account to be overdrawn. They are making no effort to reimburse me or to contact me to let me know the status of my reimbursement. I have made over 100 call and talked to over 10 associates without resolve. I fax the company daily with NSF updates.

26  Thank LaTonya007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Caribe Royale Orlando
#85 of 340 in Orlando

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!