We we're lucky enough to exchange through RCI into this beautiful home and amazing resort. The new houses known as The Reserve at Summer Bay Resort will leave you relaxed and wishing you could have stayed there for months!
Publix grocery store and liquor store practically onsite. Tons of restaurants, Walmart and Target within a few miles. The area west of a Disney on the US 192 is growing very quickly, there is more and more in this area every year when we return.
Arrived at Summer Bay Resort 4 pm no line up at checkin , desk clerk took a $100 deposit to secure the return of the home garage door opener. Within 5minutes we were headed to our new pool house.
A little confused house numbers are different than the unit numbers, so we hit the garage door opener to confirm our house . We had the 2nd last home at the very end of the road.
All I can say as I opened the door and stepped in was OMG. Absolutely stunning, the decor and set up was incredible!
We walked in the garage directly into a very long kitchen. Granite counter tops, dark wood cupboards, all black appliances, fridge double door with ice/water hook up, separate WINE FRIDGE, kitchen supplies top notch, off the kitchen is a small kitchen table with four chairs, and a full size stackable front load washer/dryer. Lol even two toasters, one specifically for bagels. Coffee maker allowed you to make a full pot, or a single server complete with its own single travel cup.
The open concept living room/dining room was lovely. Beautiful earth tones used in all the colour schemes, accented with darker furniture, lots of side tables, bar area, all been given the decorative touch of small vases and awesome decor. Reminded me of Pier 1.
The sliding doors opened up full width to the wonderful outdoor pool and hot tub. Gorgeous stone deck. Area surrounds the pool. Top notch pool equipment used, both pool and spa can be heated to a maximum of 104 F. The pool seems to sense automatically when it needed more water, as we could see the hot tub fill up and then cascade into the pool. So relaxing especially at night. We took full advantage of this some nights still out there till 2 am.
Lots of privacy in the pool area. We could no see at all into any of the neighbours pools. We could only hear them. Behind us was a treed area with a dry ditch.
The home had a total of 3 bedroom, 3 bathrooms and a sofa bed. Two gorgeous master baths, each with their own king size beds, full bathrooms (open concept, must have master bedroom door closed for privacy ) each bath has a jacuzzi ,huge showers and really large closets, one was a walk in closet. Each of the masters had separate doors to access the pool and patio.
The third bedroom was at the front of the house, really large with 2 queen beds . Another bathroom with fully tiled shower was beside the 3rd bedroom. All the beds were extremely comfortable, pillows were of different firmness which was perfect.
Link to my photos http://photobucket.com/albums/ag261/rickyandsiobhan
Wifi was free and worked great, at times we had 5 devices being used. All the staff was helpful and friendly.
We had an amazing week at Summer Bay. Resort atmosphere by day, and then private parties of our own at night until whenever we wanted it to end. I do find that they don't have enough lounge chairs at the two main pool complexes, Big Kahuna and Kokomos. If you didn't get to the pool by 10 or 11 in the morning you were out if luck.
The pizza at the Italian style eatery at Kokomos pool area was absolutely delicious, make sure you try the BBQ chicken one.
We had to call maintenance a few times, toilet guts broke, sliding doors off track and air conditioner not working properly. I give maintenance a 10 for their immediate response. Acting very quickly and professionally to resolve the issues.
There is construction going on across the road and beside the pool homes . It starts about 8:15 in the morning Monday to Friday, so be aware. We didn't let it bother us, as it will only add to this beautiful resort ambience. They are building 2 new more pool homes, a new condo building, another activity center and a sort of adult amusement complex that will even include zip lining.
Well we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this resort in this incredible pool home, I can only hope one day to return again! If this home is any indication of what is coming definitely add it to your list of Orlando area properties in the future! You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts