“Not our favorite.”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Uniontown, Ohio
“Not our favorite.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is our fourth Timeshare/Condo in Florida this month and our least favorite. It's December and their pools are the coldest of the 4. The fitness Center is a joke. Do Not - Repeat DO NOT attend their so called owner update. They said 60 minutes for $100.00 and Breakfast. Three Hours later, we find out the 100.00 is actually Restaurant Gift Cards good only Red Lobster, Olive Garden and a couple more. Also this is one of the few resorts that nickel and dime you to death. Everything is extra including Miniature Golf. This is the first time we have stayed here since we purchased 4 years ago - also our last.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere closer to or east of I-4.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ken B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Good time - and enough to do on the premises to keep the kids happy. The bars are friendly for the adults and games and events are offered for everyone. Jet ski rental is reasonable, pools are clean and heated. This was our second visit and we will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank txwolfy
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I vacationed here during Thanksgiving weekend with my family. Overall it was a nice stay. The pluses: the kids had a nice time at the playgrounds and with some of the water sports activities (keep in mind though that you have to pay). The distance to Disney parks was also nice. Only con was the gym not having nice equipment and being too small. The restaurant was ok. I would recommend for a family stay!

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank EOP007
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the 500's area of the resort and were fairly please with every thing. The decor was a bit dated but the beds were comfy, there was tons of space (we had a 2 bedroom condo) and it was great having the pool right outside our door. On the days that we didn't visit a Disney or another theme park, we stayed at the resort and there was always plenty of things to do.

The only thing that we didn't use at the resort was the lake. After watching a man fishing from the dock behind our room and he caught a small alligator, we figured we wouldn't spend any time in that water.

Stayed November 2013
6 Thank Rennaye
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The resort could be amazing. I think if you were in one of the newer rooms it could be fine. The older units are badly maintained, badly cleaned and terribly stocked. We had numerous chipped tiles, a cockroach our first night and the one bathroom consistently reeked of urine before and throughout our stay. There were dozen little bugs as well. The pools are lovely and the beach was great! However the fitness centre just reeked consistently and the equipment was either falling apart, missing pins or about to fall apart ( don't expect the elliptical to go above level 3). The walls no ceilings were paper thin. The location is fine - not amazing but pretty good. Kitchen had very few items in it we ran out of plates and bowls after 1 meal and ended up having dessert in coffee cups

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel unless you are guaranteed a new room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NewMomCanada
Leesburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Management went above and beyond expectations for the first 5 of our 9 day stay. In fact, because they had been so accommodating, I wanted to discuss this with them before posting this review, but they never returned my call.

The night before we were scheduled to depart Summer Bay Resort in Clermont, FL, I was cleaning the kitchen when I lifted a dish towel and a roach crawled from under it and scurried across the kitchen counter. I screamed then yelled for my husband to come and kill the roach. We discarded the dead roach in the trash and disinfected the counter with lysol. I immediately picked up the phone to call management about the situation, but decided that I would wait until I could be civil about it. To that end, I called management three times the very next day. First, I left a message on her voice mail asking for her to return my call. After not hearing from her within the hour, I called again to ensure that she was actually working that day, I was told that she was working and in fact was with a customer at that time. I called again much later that same day and was told that that particular manager had left for the day and I then asked to speak to the manager on duty. I was put on hold for a long time and decided to hang up and write this review instead.

I can still see that image of that roach crawling across that kitchen counter!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
York. PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the resort. We were later joined by our daughter, her boyfriend and our grandson. What was pleasing to me was that I emphasized that I did not wish to be contacted by a salesperson from the resort. My wishes were honored. One of the reasons we selected Summer Bay Resort is that it was close to Disney World. A free shuttle picked up guests at the resort and brought them back from the park. Our unit was on the first floor across from the activity center/check-in. We obtained a unit with a lock out. We found both apartments to be very clean and comfortable. Our daughter and grandson occupied the larger apartment. I was surprised to see that both units had a full kitchen. The main apartment was larger and had a king sized in the one bedroom along with Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The second bedroom had a queen sized bed and a bathroom with a tub/shower bath next to it. It had a large sitting area and dining area in an open arrangement. There was a small veranda outside the sitting area accessible by using patio doors. The lock out unit contained one bedroom with a king sized bathroom with a tub/shower. The sitting area and dining area were smaller but adequate. There were televisions in the sitting areas and bedrooms as well as dvd players. The beds were comfortable with multiple pillows. My only complaint was the tubs sides were very high and for someone who has mobility problems would not be able to get into it unless they were helped. The grounds were well maintained and nicely landscaped. Each complex had a swimming pool hot tub and a small lake with a fountain in the center. In one complex there was an outdoor bar. Behind the activity center was a large swimming pool and a hot tub. A restaurant adjoined the activity center as well as a small workout room. One could walk to a very large lake from the rear of the activity center. There was a dock where one could fish with a rod and bait supplied by the resort for a small fee. A small beach lined the lake. A sign warned that when swimming in the lake one should use nose plugs because of certain bacteria. One could rent a wave runner, a small speed boat, or a paddle boat. I felt the wave runner and speed boat were too expensive so I opted for the paddle boat to the chagrin of my five year old grandson. My grandson and I fished in the lake. We had numerous strikes but no fish although several fish were taken around us. We were told by a fellow fisherman that a four pound bass had been taken. My grandson very much enjoyed the swimming pools. I believe he spent time in nearly all of them. All in all our stay there was very pleasurable. Beside the high bathtub my only complaint was that I could not receive a wifi signal in out apartment. My daughter was able to receive a signal which was good since both she and her boyfriend have a business and required wifi. I guess one should not even have a electronic device when one is on vacation but I guess it is necessary in this day and age.

Room Tip: First floor apartments are the most accessible if there are not small children running around in the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank drs1231
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
Crown Club Inn Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Floridays Resort Orlando
#20 of 335 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,714 reviews
Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!