We stayed in a one bedroom that was smaller than any other we have traded for. It was clean but the beds were terrible. The pull out couch was really rough even for the children. I was surprised that the bedding wasn't bed-bug proof because I haven't stayed anywhere in the last few years where the mattresses and bedding were preventative.
My biggest complaint is that there was a charge for everything that is usually inclusive when you stay at a resort - even in the US. Extra charges for cleaning services, to use the trampoline, to fish, to canoe, to golf - just about everything and if they didn't charge for it, like volley ball and basketball, you had only one hour with the ball at a time.
My second biggest complaint is that there was no pool deck presence. There were 4 or 5 pools but non of them had pool deck service and none of them had shade - which made it impossible to enjoy a day at the pool. A few hours is all that was tolerable in the heat. No umbrellas or tables for the lounge chairs and lounge chairs were scarce.
My kids had a great time fishing and didn't want to leave the resort, and so I would have been happy to stay all day and all night, if the food was decent and there was a little shade but as it was we left each day. One day we went to another resort...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts