We used this holiday as part of our RCI points timeshare and overall were happy with what we got. As others have mentioned it is a huge resort with every grouping of apartments having its own pool area. That said only the pool by use (building 503) and the pool in the clubhouse were heated and had bars.We stayed just after Spring Break and found that the resort was busy but not crowded like other reviews have said.
Good accomodation - nothing fancy but it was clean, decent kitchen equipment (although no kettle!) and spacious (4 people in a 2 bed apartment).
Great pool for kids - the tempature was lovely and it is safe with fountains for the kids to play in.
Location - while it isn't too bad to get to disney (about 15/20 mins) it was a bit of a trek to Universal and to International Drive
Activities - my soon did one or two of the activities which were ok and the Cinema night by the pool was nice but the other activities were a bit dated and tired.
Wifi - we had free access which was slow but fine for what we needed.
Timeshare - they called us 2 times regarding the timeshare presentation but we just gave them a firm no and they then left us alone.
The noise from the bar by the pool can be heard in the front bedroom. Didn't both my children but it would have annoyed me if I had been in the room.
The towels at the pool are tiny - like hand towels - bring your own beach towel.
Service - the people at the desk don't have a clue about anything. Although when we did have a small problem with one of the toilets someone came within and hour.
Shade at the pool - while there are umbrella's for the seating areas beside the bar and one or two other seating areas there are none for the sun loungers which can be a problem with the heat of the sun and if you have little ones.
Overall it was an decent place to stay for a family holiday to disney. Its not 5 star or even 4 star but it is good qualitiy 3 star.
As a small tip - its worth going out to Celebration one evening as its a lovely little village atmosphere about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts