We rented a one-bedroom condo for our family of four for one week. The size of the accomodations were great which included a decent sized balcony, full kitchen with everything we needed for the week. I would have preferred a few more pillows - I didn't make this request but I'm sure if we had asked they would have accomodated us. The king size bed was comfortable - the pull out sofa was a typical pull out sofa.
The resort has four salt-water pools with hot-tubs at each, two pools have a bar and they were all kept very clean. One pool had evening entertainment which was fun. They were always stocked with towels (my preference would be larger towels but not a big deal) and each had a shower to rinse off if you like.
The resort was about 2/3 full and was very quiet in my opinion.
In addition to the pools there is a mini-golf course, a tennis court, a horse-shoe toss, and a basketball court. There is also a lake that has water structures and other items you can rent (sea-dos, paddle boats, fishing rods, etc.). This is run by a third party company. The young man we spoke to wasn't super helpful but we understood they did not represent the resort.
There is a station set up for hair braids which was appealing to us as our daughter wanted this done. Again, they aren't run by the resort but a third party company. They didn't show up for the 2.5the day we wanted to use the service because of a potential storm. The storm didn't happen and my daughter did not get her braids :( Not the fault of the resort but she was disappointed.
We could have opted for the breakfast tour and time-share presentation but we did not. They actually pay you for this so it was tempting but we simply could not carve out the time to take part.
The resort was very close to the parks and shopping.
I would recommend Summer Bay Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts