We stayed here as a guest of an RCI member. They hit us up at check in to do the time share preview. They also called multiple times daily and we did not answer the phone.
We stayed in building 504 room 202. It was a 2 bedroom condo. It was very roomy. We are a family of 5 and had plenty of room. Kitchen had everything we needed. Bedding was weak. Furniture was dusty. Walls were dirty. Was a little used and abused. But we did like the overall space.
Location of our building was good, across from nicest pool in resort with tiki bar and grill. They had nightly entertainment at this pool which was nice. We really enjoyed the outdoor movie night at the pool. During the day they had activities at this pool. We played bingo, poker and trivia. Pool was really crowded. Pool at clubhouse was insanely crowded. Seems everyone goes to the two pools with bars.
Pool furniture was terrible. Took advice of another review and brought own beach towels. Pool towels were the worst. Patio area of pool was dirty all week. Not sure what cleaners were doing in the morning. Same garbage in mulch and bushes all week. Plastic Easter egg shells were never picked up. A kid pooped in pool our first night. It was only roped off that night. Opened in morning. Yuck! No poolside service. Only at bar. Nobody walking around cleaning during the day. Lots of cigarette butts. Not impressed with pool.
The only other amenity we used was putt putt. Only $5 and it was nice.
Location was good. Publix, Chinese, Papa John's, Anytime Fitness right next door. Close to Disney.
Thanks to other reviews we brought extra laundry supplies, cleaning supplies, beach towels. We took own beverages and snacks to pool.
All in all it was a good week. But, we would probably never stay here again. If it was cleaner, maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts