We just returned after a week stay in a 1 bed condo at Summer Bay Resort. This resort has extremely poor sevices, almost "Zero" services. No cleaning, no towel changes and not even garbagge removal. I have stayed in sevral resorts this is first one where we do not get any periodical services! Their service desk at the check-in is a joke, nobody knows how the system works. We personally checked-in on the arrival day during morning hours with credit crd imprint/hold etc. and were told to come in at 2 pm for the room to be ready. We drove out some visits and called the front desk to check for the room and they found no information. Obviously alarmed we drove in at 4 pm cutting short our visits and was again apalled that they donot have any records of our morning check-in, they even lost our cerdit card imprint!!! There were a lot of agents at the counter but nobody knew what to do. We waited for the "Manager" to get free, who incidentally was having a loud argument with another customer right by our side. The customer an elderly gentleman was mildly trying to explain to the Manager how the resort should be dealing with his request and all I could hear was the Manager yelling back to him repeatedly "this is how we do it as per our policies". After the frustrated gentleman finally walked away the Manager came over to us but did not bother even hearing out the lady agent explain the situation. Looked like he was too familar with such situations and so he quickly keyed in a few things on the computer and got us a suite and just walked away with out even looking at us. We were glad and considered ourselves lucky to get a suite (after having booked 6 months in advance!) grabbed the keys and rushed out to check to check out the unit, wondering wats waiting for us in this "customer unfriendly" resort. The resort looks good as you drive around with a decent size pool. Fortunately the suite was ok, not great by any means. It was clean but the bedroom carpet was dirty, begging for a change. The bathroom counter is tiny, too tiny even to hold my shaving stuff around it. The kitchen was small with very limted utensils of poor cheap quality. The pullout couch bed is the worst quality I have ever seen, you can feel the steel rods under! My girls had a tough time catching any sleep on it. We will never ever go back there again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts