Stayed here for two weeks back in Aug 2012, so this review is a little late. Traveled with my wife and two young children. We are "experts" at finding great values on unused "timeshare" weeks so this is our 5th time staying at a timeshare community in the Disney area (a different property each time).
In some aspects, this was the best property we've been to in the Disney area and in some ways it was the worst.
The pros: excellent grounds and pools. The main pool by the clubhouse is heated and open 24 hours. This was extremely enjoyable both during the day and late at night. Free Wifi by the pool/clubhouse was excellent, as well. Hanging out here really made it feel like we were on vacation. The beach area was adjacent to the main pool, and added to the nice ambiance. I went in the lake briefly and my son really enjoyed the inflatables in the lake. But be warned, you need to have good upper body strength to enjoy the inflatables. The northern most pool, which had a zero depth entry, was also beautiful and enjoyable. The water park (right outside of my unit) was lots of fun for the kids, but may have been too cold if it wasn’t the summer.
The pool area and grounds were superior to any timeshare community I've been to in the area.
The cons: although the room/unit was well decorated and reasonably updated, it was the smallest two bedroom we've occupied in the area and it was absent of a balcony and only had a tiny spa/whirlpool. The kitchen was poorly stocked and extremely cramped. WiFi in the rooms, which required an extra fee, was nearly impossible to ever connect to.
The worst part of the room was the occasional visit by very large cockroaches. Although it was only one cockroach at a time, it happened on three or four different occasions, and always when the lights were on (my previous experience with cockroaches was they always stayed out of the light). The cockroach problem made me drop my rating from 3 stars to 2.
My wife and I did take the timeshare tour to earn the $100 reward. They promised breakfast, childcare, and only 90 min of our time. The breakfast never appeared, the childcare was adequate, and the 90 min could have easily become 4 hours if I wasn't assertive. Our total time there from entering the building to leaving it was about 2 hours and 15 minutes. This included 15 minutes wait time before our "host" arrived, about 1 hour 40 minutes for the presentation, and 20 minutes waiting for our $100 reward. The only reason we escaped in under 3 hours is because I refused to go on the shuttle to tour the sample room/unit since they were trying to have us board the shuttle 85 minutes into the presentation, and also because every two minutes past 90 minutes, I reminded the salesman that he was over his agreed upon time. This really ticked him off, but it got us out of there quicker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Vacatia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts