Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Serena Inn(Clermont)
View Hotel
The Grove Resort & Spa Orlando(Orlando)
Clear Creek(Clermont)
  • Beachfront
10,507 results
All reviewsbedroom unitbuccaneer bayfamily vacationnice resortbig kahunamain poolgrocery storeall ageswasher and dryertime sharewater parkrecommend this resortzip linetimeshare presentationmini golfgreat vacationspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I'm really having trouble coming up with bad things about Summer Bay.
Inside the condo, it felt like an extended stay with all basic room features, including a well-equipped kitchen, 2 flat screen TVS, a large jacuzzi tub, a hair dryer, and a stackable washer/dryer!
We were in an end unit, so we had a patio door with table and chairs. The only thing I would do differently next time is request a two bedroom condo. We had a one bedroom (which had doors separating the living area), but a two bedroom would give those who wanted to sleep a little more quiet space. Other than that, the area was beautiful, a Publix is just around the corner; a lot of eateries and shopping nearby. Animal Kingdom is about 5 minutes away.
Hands down: the best place my family and I have stayed in while in Orlando area.
If you're not interested in the time share opportunity, politely let them know, even if they ask you a few times.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My parents are RCI travel club members, and they gave my husband and I a week at this resort as a present. I don't know how, as club members, they could have assigned us a worse room. It was in the first building, closest to the entrance gates. Cars coming into the resort would shine their headlights into our bedroom window all night long, so we had to keep the curtains shut tight for privacy day and night. Of course that made the unit very dark, and the extremely low ceilings did not help the claustrophobic feeling. The unit had a "full kitchen," which was something that you might see in a New York City studio apartment: miniature stove, miniature dish washer, full sized fridge. There was not even enough room for the trash can to fit in the kitchen area, so we had to put it in the living room. The fridge had an ice maker, but it was not hooked up so we had to buy ice. No ice tray was provided. The air conditioner fan was extremely noisy, and although it was set on "auto" it seemed to run continuously. The bathroom had one sink, no tub, and almost no counter space. However, the shower stall could probably hold 4 people. The bed was not a King as promised, but a double with a pull-out Queen sofa. My husband and I had to sleep in separate rooms. The bedroom had two bedside tables, a tv stand, and a chair. The room was so small that you would bang the bedroom door into the tv stand every time you opened it. It also had a small closet that was partially taken up by the iron and ironing board.The living room/dining room had the aforementioned sofa bed, a small round dining table, three chairs, end tables and a coffee table. We opened up the sofa bed, so that took up the majority of the space in the room. There was a small flatscreen TV mounted on the wall. I'm giving it two stars because here was a one piece "washer-dryer" unit in the bathroom that I was glad to have, and the place was very clean. There was a flashing screen in the front of the property that advertised "walk- in's available - great rates." If there were vacancies, I don't understand how a guest of an owner could be assigned such a bad room. Don't be fooled by the photos on their website, some of the rooms may look like that, but all do not.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mary T
Reviewed December 5, 2012

It appears the unit we stayed in has not been updated. We had a 2 bedroom and it was small and dark. The master bath had a sink in a cabinet that didn’t offer any counter top space to put amenities on. The furniture was quite uncomfortable and since my daughter and I both came down with something, we had to spend quite some time in the room. The master bedroom had a king bed and the 2nd bedroom had 2 twin beds. We usually find 2 bedroom units we stay in these days have double beds in the second bedroom, but this room was too small to fit anything but twins. Our unit did not have a balcony either. This is something I really enjoy while on vacation. Coming from the cold, it’s nice to be able to sit outside in the morning with coffee and read. Instead, I had to stay in our dark dingy unit :-(
Kitchen was also very small. Not much counter top space for cooking. They have a coffee maker and there isn’t even enough room to open the lid to make coffee.
The second bathroom did have a larger cabinet with counter top space for putting amenities on. Smart, instead of putting 2 sinks in.
Peeve – the bathrooms have 1 light switch which will turn on the light AND fan. Great for waking someone up in the middle of the night if you need to use the bathroom. It’s hard to be quiet when you have to turn on a noisy fan.
Internet: they charge for internet service AND, they nickel & dime you here…if you have 2 computers (as my husband & I did – mine is a work issued computer so I can only use it for business) they charge you for a second computer to use the wireless in the SAME ROOM!
The pool: the lounge chairs were extremely uncomfortable. It was impossible to lie flat since it was virtually impossible to get the backs to go down. They are pretty stained (I’m guessing from sun screen and all). The pool was heated here, but they don’t heat the little water park pool area for the kids. Also, they really cheap out on the drinks, however, the prices seem to be in line with some 5 star resorts we’ve stayed in in the area. I didn’t get to enjoy my true vacation experience by the pool. The first day with a subpar drink and that was it for my entire stay! I’m good for a few drinks to say the least. Even my husband agreed with me on this one. The food was also “ok”. Nothing to get excited about.
The room had a DVD player. Do yourself a favor, walk or drive over to Publix where there is a RedBox. The rental unit they have on the resort is a waste. Movies are $4 and most of them have been on TV for years already.
They did hit us up as soon as we checked in to get us to do a tour. The first thing we always do upon entering our room is, we disconnect the phones.
All in all, I think the resort needs to spend some money on upgrading a few things (units, pool, bar…). The return should be quick.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank reallyobnoxious
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was sceptical of going here after reading the reviews but I honestly have no idea how anyone could find fault with this resort. Beautiful grounds, lots of activities and fantastic condo style suite. Was really easy to get to the theme parks in our rental car or they have a shuttle. We only wished we had paid for less days in the parks so we could have relaxed at the resort and enjoyed it more. We only swam in 2 of the pools and used the shuffleboard and tennis. There were so many more ammenities we could have taken advantage of if we would have had more time. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Flaggi
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have stayed here several times in an upper condo and loved it.....clean and up to date....then this time we stayed in a ground floor unit and there were large palmetto bugs that come out at night and early morning...these are 3inch "helicoptor" roaches...be sure to wear shoes when walking in your unit....I called front desk to report and they were apologetic/and said they would look into it......we still left a day early....this is our last visit for now...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family