We booked our stay at the Summer Bay Resort thru Veterans Holidays so we are not part of the time share users at the Summer Bay Resort.
We were there for 1 week. The resort is beautiful and they have tons of things to do. Hhowever, they nagged us about going thru a timeshare demo daily which was a huge turn off. We got our first call to take part in their timeshare presentation at 9:30pm the first night. We kindly told them that we had the entrie stay planned out and would not have time to participate in the meeting. I thought that took care of it, but none the less, I got another call at 9am the next morning from another hotel member. I again told them we would not have time to participate and that I had told the other staff member that last night. We continued to get calls every morning, sometimes several times a day until we checked out.
After the second call we stopped answering the phone.
Other tips about the resort, the store is way over priced. We paid $4 for a dozen eggs, you have to pay to play on the lake toys (which by the way...the lake has alligators in it!), and you do not get a towel exchange or room cleaning on a daily basis unless you pay extra for it. We opted to just wash our towels in the condo our selves.
Besides the little things, it was worth the money we paid for the condo. The nice thing was that you had all the ammenities of your home right there. If I did have to worry about sales people trying to get me to buy into a timeshare I would have enjoyed it more. Which by the way they communicate it as a free breakfast or lunch with a short 90 minute presentation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Cancelon, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts