11,233 results
All reviewsbedroom unitbuccaneer baynice resortfamily vacationbig kahunagrocery storemain poolall ageswasher and dryertime sharegreat vacationwater parktimeshare presentationrecommend this resortzip linemini golfspring break
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This would not be on the top of my list for resort stays in Orlando. As far as the accommodations, the one-bedroom condo was clean and enough space for my wife and I and 2 grandkids. However, was on the 3rd floor and elevator did not work occasionally (BUT, we had a torrential rain one night and it appeared some of the 1st floor rooms got water intrusion and flooded out). They had amenities for the kids, but really unimpressed with the "lake" where they force you to rent their life preservers at $10 ea./day! My 9 and 10 year old swim like fish - really stupid rule (just a money-maker). Thought of going out and buying a couple - nope, had to use theirs! Makes for an expensive week playing on the lake. Pools were very nice I must say - and hours of opration good. Staff was OK - not bending over backwards but not complacent either. They did have craft activities ($) for the kids. And the no-cost shuttle service to Disney was welcomed to avoid parking/walking if you drove a car there. We did get a free lunch (terrible) and sit through the time-share sales pitch to get the discounted Disney tickets - matter of personal preference if it worth your time (I have no problem telling a salesman NO THANKS). It wasn't a horrible place but certainly didn't dazzle us either. I would not go back and likely not recommend to anyone I know as a place to go in Orlando. (FYI - this was a 'weeks' exchange for a timeshare we own elsewhere).

Room Tip: All the buildings and facilities looked equivalent; we were told some were upgraded with newer lighting, fixtures, granite counters etc. Ours was not one of these but wasn't bad; I would request an upgraded room and NOT on 1st floor. And August is a really HOT time of year for Disney - highly recommend another time of year for Disney visit (miserable waiting in lines in 90+ degree weather!)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Pat M
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the first time my family of 4 stayed at Summer Bay and will not be the last. We spent 5 days using RCI points. We loved every minute of it. We had a 2 bedroom villa. The master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub. Everything very clean and well organized. There was a complementary shuttle which took you to the supermarket or to other sections of the resort. The pool was opened 24 hours. There was a bar adjacent to the pool which closed late also. The kids loved the activities, especially the movie night with free popcorn. The lake was also lots of fun. We fished from the pier. The place rented fishing poles and even sold bait.

The only downfall of the resort is that is a bit apart from the parks. It takes about 10 minutes to Disney and about 13 to Sea World so you need a car if you want to go to the parks. My recommendation is to have some time to use the facilities as there is lots to do and you can have a relaxing time just being at the resort.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tito76
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Summer Bay is a nice clean resort in Kissimmee. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing special that really makes it stand out either. They do have some amenities, such as four pools, a small lake, mini golf and bars. However, to use the lake or mini golf, you have to pay an additional charge and the pools are all quite small. Would I recommend it? If you get a good deal, sure. If not, I would think twice. Like I said, it's a nice clean resort, but we probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ParksB
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We are actually owners and have been since 2002 at Summer Bay and really enjoy going there. They are under new management so that has helped a lot. We have taken family several times and they have enjoyed it too. There were issues but were quickly resolved so no complaints there. It's only about 15 minutes from Downtown Disney and the Disney Parks. They do have transportation to the parks but since we only live 7 hours from the resort we drive and use our car to get around. There are places to eat close by and several years ago a Walmart was built and is only a mile or two fromt the resort so if you need anything it's easy to get.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I booked a promotional package with Summer Bay Resort with 3 nights in Las Vegas and 2 nights in Orlando. There was a miscommunication and there was no reservation on the day of arrival in Las Vegas. They could not book a room for me because the LV property was sold and no longer part of Summer Bay. They did not have an alternate property arranged and said "they are working on a contract with another property". When I requested refund, they denied even though they could no longer honor the same terms by saying the promise was for "an accommodation, not necessarily at Summer Bay Resort". Even when I called within 2 weeks of arrival to book the sales tour, they never mentioned that the LV property was sold and no longer available for booking. Basically, I am out $300.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family