We stayed at Summer Bay for week 2 of an Orlando area vacation. I own in 2 different resorts. The area where Summer Bay is located is quiet, even the roads aren't very busy. This was a nice change of pace from our first stay on the other end of town, fighting lots of traffic daily.
We found that there were numerous activities to participate in on a daily basis, and did so. Most of these had no added cost to them so they were free! What a bonus!
The pool areas were always clean. Staff did walk throughs and monitored the areas continuously. The beach at the lake made you feel like you were at the ocean!
The staff were friendly, respectful, and all around pleasant to deal with. The unit (textiles) was in need of updating but was clean, spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed food and drinks at both poolside bars-costs weren't too bad either. Aside from 1 day at Epcot and dinner out, we spent just about all our time at the resort. We found no need to leave since our whole family-Grandma, parents, a 17 yr old, and 12 yr old-were relaxing and having a great time!
We did have an issue w/the Maingate transportation the resort uses for transport to/from Disney property. The bus broke down on our return trip and the company was very reluctant to send a replacement. It took 2 hrs for our trip back to the resort. There was no followup from Summer Bay about this. We were very lucky that this situation turned out okay, it was a safety issue.
While Summer Bay lacks some of the modern updates in the units, it certainly makes up for it in other ways. We truly felt relaxed and 'on vacation'!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts