“As nice as they come...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 29 things to do in Clermont
Clermont, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“As nice as they come...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

I am not real sure what the previous review was about...but the people we have encountered have been more then nice to us. We happened to be visiting the museum for the first time at the same moment they had a President Lincoln look a like visiting. My daughter was so blown away by the whole thing...being a home school mom, History is something I care very much about in our curriculum. My daughter is only 4 right now, but thanks to our visit...she is very much on her way to becoming a President Lincoln historian. She keeps asking to go to the library to find more books on him. She understands more clearly about the slave trade, assassination, reasons for the civil war, and why it is important to always listen to one another despite our differences.

We are fortunate to live in Clermont, Florida and we are fortunate to have such a wonderful establishment to go to when we are learning about our presidents...Today, as I write this, is Presidents Day and we are going to go and visit our favorite place to go in Clermont...The House of Presidents.

A little bit about the museum itself...there are wax figures of all the presidents...up to President George W. Bush...there is also A LOT of trinkets and tidbits about President Obama but no figure yet...give'em time, I am sure it's coming...There are A LOT of miniatures of the white house oval office for each president, the blue room at Christmas, the building of the white house, and even a miniature of Barnum and Bailey Circus...right at the end of the museum. I think it is well worth the visit and the prices are not at all bad...right at about 10.00 per adult and something like 6 for 8 for children over 6...under 6 are free. They offer a "VIP" pass (annual pass) with paid admission...you just have to ask for it. One side note...there is no overhead music playing in the museum so if you happen to be there when no one else is...it can get a little freaky...you start to hear creaks and squeaks and you have all these wax figures around you...I just keep my 4 year old talking the whole time by asking questions...I am really freaked out by silence like that....Anyway, have fun!

4 Thank home_school_mom_of_2

florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Nasty Docent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

My husband and I took the kids in here...Being a teacher, it was of some interest to us. We were about to buy a ticket and the docent literally yells at my husband,"Where do you think you are going. You cannot go in there." He wasn't sure where to get the ticket and OOH went under her museum rope. Well she just lost our business and probably a TON of FIELD TRIP monies as well. So rude.

5 Thank stpetegirl