“Great BBQ!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We eat at Oakwoods about once a week! I love the oriental grilled chicken salad. Owners & staff are very friendly and the prices are great. At night their ribs are my go to! Amazing side choices. I usually go for the sweet potato and lima beans!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our first time at the Clermont location though we have eaten many times at their location in the Villages. We were meeting another couple there who were cautious due to some adverse reviews on another site. We all ordered the full rack rib special for $10.99 and no one was disappointed. Ribs were fall-off-the-bone juicy. We all had different sides and everyone was happy with what they got. Service was very good and the price very reasonable for what we received. I've paid twice as much for full racks elsewhere that weren't as good as what this central Florida chain provides.

ClermontSmokyOak, General Manager at Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for not believing everything you read! I believe that you were referring to very old reviews. We have improved on all that and more, and continue to focus on value and quality. We really appreciate that you took the time rate us on Tripadvisor, and hope that you can visit the Clermont location again. Also, I have been working out of the Lady Lake location, so please do not hesitate to say hello the next time you come in!

Ken Waddell

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Been there a few times since we live local so thought I should review...First things first - staff was incredibly attentive to the fact we saw 3 servers do something at our table as they all work together which was nice to see. Food (Smoked Chicken Cobb Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing) was tasty and portion size was large....Sweet tea will require a trip to the Dentist "just like I want it" and wife indicated her draft beer was the coldest in town.... Place is neat and worth a stop....

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would have rated this restaurant good, if there had been a rating between average and very good. On the plus side, there are a lot of side dishes on the menu that I typically do not find in northern climates. We had the fried okra, which I wanted to be really great, but it was ok. Not sure if that is indicative of all the side dishes. The ribs were tasty but on the small side. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was really good. Overall it is a pleasant place to eat and visit with family. If there are no better places in Clermont than I guess this is the place for barbeque.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill
230 Citrus Tower Blvd, Clermont, FL 34711-2790
We were with a group from out of town visiting sites (Citrus Tower and Presidents Hall of Fame) in the area so we stopped in here based on other Tripadvisor reviews. As a group of 15, the only ones who seemed to be disappointed were the ones who got the boneless chicken breast. They said it was a little dry. Wife and I had the special which was the half rack of Baby Back Ribs with choice of another meet, two sides and bread for $12.99. Everything was very good and I’d even say the ribs were great. Good place if visiting the area and you are in the mood for BBQ.

I had a little difficulty with my GPS locating the restaurant correctly. It’s on the north west corner of the shopping center just about ¼ mile north of the Citrus Tower. Also, the current picture of the building show on Tripadvisor does not look anything like this location. I’ve added an updated picture.

Not sure whether to give this $ or $$ related to cost. The menu has both. Chose $$.