“Awsome!!!!!!”
Harry Potter Bedroom
One of the arcades - More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
Romantic Bedroom
enjoy scenery or ride on of the property\'s 3 carousel horse merry-go-rounds
play air hockey, crazy taxi and other games in one of the arcades..
casually elegant dining...More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
gym with plasma screen, workout videos, free weights, machines, bike, and more.
Gated entrance to island..(pass gate, drive over short land bridge)
part of our long driveway entrance...More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
mature natural oak trees, beautiful driveway...More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
one of several arcade/game rooms -- this one with authentic skeeball
one of 8 bathrooms.. More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
marsh views - bass fishing and more..
An ariel view of the property - its own 62 acre car-accessible private island
follow the yellow brick road! - More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
one of 3 carousel horse rides-- and an outdoor pool table / billiards
One of the family rooms - More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
Mini Golf ! More photos: www.theeverafterestate.com
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jo Ann O
Baltimore, Maryland
“Awsome!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We stayed at the Ever After Estate last week for our 50th Wedding Anniversary, with our children and grandchildren, 12 in total. The group did not know where they were going until we arrived at the front gate, when we parked the cars they all jumped out of the cars and hugged and kissed me, all I could do was cry. We could smell the delicious food that was being cooked by Philip for our Welcome BBQ in the driveway, then Ginger greeted us with a smile and gave us a tour of the property and all everyone could say was what, they were almost speechless.

The amenities that the property had to offer were exactly how it was advertised. They satisfied every person's interest from basket ball, putt putt, volley ball, soccer, swimming, hot tube, fishing etc. Our kids loved the ball room and the teenagers loved the golf cart. Our family loved sitting around the pool and hot tub with a fire and watching movies in the evening. The property was really clean and well stocked, everyone commented how comfortable their beds were also.

Our daughter and her family went to Universal City one day, my son and his family did not want to go. I tried to show my son the things that he could do around the area and he said I don't even want to look at it, I have enough to do around here. The only time we left was to go to the grocery store.

I had seen a review from another guest, who was not happy at all with his stay, and all the other reviews were very positive, so I went straight to the owner Andrew and questioned him of my concerns, Andrew and his wife contacted me immediately to reassure me of my concern, I was very satisfied with how they handled the situation. I am glad I went straight to them and didn't let that one person shadow my decision of choosing the Ever After Estate, please don't let that one bad review discourage you from booking the Ever After Estate you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: November 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Bonding time with the family
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
BusterCas...
Brooklyn, New York
“Too Much Fun”
Reviewed August 22, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

A large group of us got together for a reunion this past weekend at the Ever After Estate and could not have had a better time. The activities on property were endless, and I think we all (in our 30s) found the 12 year old in us again. From the waterslides, to movie theatres, mini golf, basketball, volleyball, soccer, video games, and just relaxing in the hammocks around the property every single person in our party was blown away. Beds were all comfortable, the houses were all clean, and Andrew and Ginger could truly not have been more helpful - not just before our stay but during as well. The only complaint is how hard it is to get back to the "real world" after such a magical escape!

Date of stay: August 2016
How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Your age range 25-34
Mandi C
“Mrs ”
Reviewed June 14, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

My family and I stayed at this wonderful escape last week. We were more than pleasantly satisfied with the cleanliness and service we received during our stay. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the kiddos had plenty to do; the ball pit room, swimming facilities, and putt putt golf met and exceeded any expectations. We created so many wonderful memories and cannot wait to go back. Thank you for offering outstanding service. Highly recommend -P.S. The hammocks made for an incredulous relaxing experience.

Date of stay: June 2016
VettedBan...
“Great Experience! Defiantly coming back... ”
Reviewed May 22, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Vetted extends our thanks and gratitude to The Ever After Estate for hosting us and allowing us to have some much needed downtime before our journey home. After performing in Orlando for Prince Harry, and our Vice president Joe Biden at The Invictus Games, we needed a break. We've been on the road over a week, and private time is hard to come by. This place was amazing to say the least. The games, relaxing atmosphere, and great host made it memorable. They even let us park our tour bus there. You ever get the chance to experience paradise in Florida defiantly try this place.

Thank you all at The Ever After Estate

Date of stay: May 2016
honestrev...
“Unfortunate experience with roaches in one wing”
Reviewed May 15, 2016 for a stay in July 2015

We stayed over the 4th of July weekend. The idea of The Ever Estate has the potential to be amazing but we unfortunately had poor experiences with roaches and the owner.

We were a large party and utilized all the sleeping quarters. One of the guest houses was utilized when guests arrived around 9pm the first night. Shortly after their arrival to the library room they found live roaches in:

1) Their bed

2) Their open suitcase

3) inside one of the guests purse

There were also two more dead ones on the base of the bed on the floor and a dead one in the bathroom.

This information was also documented to the estate in an email back in July of 2015.

Consequently these two guests left and checked into a local hotel room that night which the rest of us were made aware of the next morning when they arrived back to the estate. As soon as this was brought to our attention, we contacted the owner who was kind enough to send over someone who oversees the estate. She found some dead roaches that morning (I was there with her while she inspected). We flipped the mattress but nothing was found and checked a few drawers but found no others in there either. The estate also contacted us after our departure to let us know they brought in pest control to inspect and it was determined there was no infestation, but rather the roaches probably got in because the door may have been left open by the cleaning crew. I thought it was admirable of them to hire a pest control company after our departure to make sure this didn't happen to the next set of guests that experienced the estate.

All that said……our experience was unfortunate and left our party uncomfortable utilizing that wing of the estate. We requested a 15 percent refund from the owner because of this incident, because of the extra out of pocket expense for two of our guests renting a hotel room for the entire stay, and because we were not comfortable using the 1400 square foot guest house. My wife and I slept in the Beauty and the Beast room and although this room is not where all the roaches were found, it was attached to the library room, and part of the guest house with the library room. My wife was uncomfortable sleeping in there as I am sure you can imagine, so we slept on a couch in the upstairs main house instead. Also in that guest house that we didn't utilize because of this incident was a bathroom and shower, guesthouse kitchen, dishwasher, sink, stove, refrigerator, dining area, sofa, pullout bed, workout gymnasium attached to the library, computer and internet in the library room.

Unfortunately the owner didn't feel a 15% refund was reasonable. He did however give $500 for the extra out of pocket money spent on our guests additional expenses for renting a hotel room.

On a positive note, other areas of the estate were great. We utilized the basketball courts every morning, played volleyball as a family and hung out a lot by the pool and utilized the slide. I did stub my foot pretty bad on that slide though which was a pain, but i guess that is the klutz in me!

There were some wasp nests around the pool area and we had a few incidents where guests were stung unfortunately. Thankfully no allergies. There was also a snake found around the floral bushes of the pool….but I guess that comes with the territory being outdoors. There were also wasp nests around some porch and deck areas which made a few of us uncomfortable. Some hammocks also had spiders and webs on them so we didn't utilize them too much. The treehouse had the same issue and so did the zipline.

All of the unfortunate circumstances above, coupled with my personal experience with the owner since I wrote a review on another social media site prevents me from rating this more than one star. Although my review on the other site was not a nice review, it contained honest experiences. I did not fabricate anything and would never do such a thing. There are documented emails from back in July of 2015 to the owner of the actual incident and my review utilized that information specifically. The owner responded to my review with about 15 lengthy comments, until I ultimately un-liked the page days later so my phone would stop notifying me. I subsequently wrote a review on trip advisor as well after my personal experience with him back in July and from the other social network site. He didn't appreciate my review. Granted I felt the same way about some of the things he had to say to me in his lengthy response on the other social network site. I felt defamatory accusations were made by the owner toward my character as he accused me of poorly reviewing the estate for more money. That really bugged me as I could care less about that. I was simply sharing the experience I had. My wife also reviewed the estate and he insinuated false claims on Facebook that my wife didn't stay at the estate as if we were having random people who didn't stay at the estate rate the page poorly. That was never done. Both my wife and I continued to receive multiple notifications on our phones days after our review from the owner commenting back until we both un-liked the page.

It is safe to say we did not get off on the right foot. My family was also recently served via certified mail a letter from a lawyer friend of the owner telling us to remove our original posts threatening us with a libel lawsuit. As it is not worth further engagement, I have since revised my posts, including this one.

I am still giving the estate one star but have since retracted my statements on my personal opinion of the owner, and rather am just simply sharing facts about the experience.

On a side note, my wife, (29 years old) who was also at the estate (I have pictures to prove it) was diagnosed with a very very rare form of cancer in May of 2015. Her surgery was on May 21st. The first time most of her family saw her after being diagnosed was at the estate. It was great to see her smile with her family. It was great to see her go down the water slide with all her clothes on upon arrival. She is now cancer free and although we thought fertility issues were going to be an unfortunate consequence of her surgery and diagnosis, we are expecting our very first child in July of this year!! I think it is safe to say we have more pertinent things to focus our attention on. I think it is also important to note that we shouldn't sweat the small stuff and embrace the beautiful things life has to offer as opposed to directing negative energy back and forth. Other reviews of the estate seem to be amazing. Unfortunately I just can't say the same for my experience.

Date of stay: July 2015
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Spending time with family
Liked least: The roaches and the way the owner handled the situation
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
May 28, 2016
Thank you for your review.

Readers should note that this is actually the 3rd incarnation of this guest's review as previous postings had been removed for numerous reasons ranging from violations of TripAdvisor terms to factually inaccurate claims & excessive foul/insulting language. I thank you for toning it down.

This review is based on a stay that occurred nearly one year prior to its posting (July of 2015) and is from a member of the same family as the other guest who posted a 3 star review entitled "It was a fluke!" While it is customary to write a response as though I am replying to the guest/reviewer, he and I have already discussed the matter numerous times so I am addressing TripAdvisor readers directly.

We have absolutely no roach problem at The Ever After Estate whatsoever nor did we have one during this 2015 stay. The family posting these negative reviews--had originally rented one of my other properties, THE SWEET ESCAPE HOUSE...and asked me to change them to THE EVER AFTER ESTATE at the last minute. At that time, it was explained to them --in clear writing--that one of the main differences between the two homes--is that Ever After Estate is on 62 private, wild acres in the marshlands with plenty of wildlife and naturally occurring Florida bugs, etc Most find this to be a beautiful experience but it’s certainly not for everyone (i.e. those who only like to stay in large cities/urban environments, etc;) They were advised to keep doors shut to avoid any intrusion from the outdoors. I’ve been told the same thing during many of my own vacations to places in natural/rural environments. They were also told that thousands of people have enjoyed the home without incident but...just as you can expect to see wildlife and insect life if you book a high end African Safari, you can certainly expect to see Florida wildlife if you book a stay at The Ever After Estate. Actually, this is true of any Central Florida property; Even the multi-million dollar hotels of the Orlando theme parks have plenty of TripAdvisor reviews mentioning incidences of bugs, reptiles, etc While the latter is certainly not the norm and isn't common, it CAN occur and we make all of our guests aware of it.

Upon arrival at The Ever After Estate, the guests were given a 35-45 minute tour, orientation, and walkthrough. EVERY room was inspected by the guests and signed off on as satisfactory. There were no bugs seen anywhere. 3 hours later, we followed up to make sure the guests had settled in okay and they reported "absolutely!—everything is awesome!" The next morning, I received a message stating that the small guest apartment featuring one bedroom/one bathroom/gym...was "littered" with roaches and “completely infested.” I was told there were roaches "everywhere." Specifically, I was informed they were "all over the beds, all over the bathrooms, and coming out of the electrical outlets!" I did not see how such a widespread, enormous problem could suddenly come into existence –as we do regular pest control treatments, hadn’t seen a single bug during our cleaning inspection, the guest’s walkthrough inspection, nor heard of any from the guests who had just checked out the morning these new guests arrived. Moreover, The Ever After Estate is my family’s personal home most of the year (we only rent it out when we travel i.e. summer, spring break, holidays, random weekends, etc;) –and we take great pride in it and great care of it. Knowing that large bugs cannot "come from electrical outlets" in a concrete block building with sealed outlets...and knowing that the doors had probably been open frequently for inter-guest cleaning, the check in tour, and the arrival of the guest's additional family, I suspected there were 1 or 2 bugs seen and that this report must be exaggerated. I did not say this to the Guest; Instead, I responded by immediately sending out staff to inspect... My team arrived promptly and flipped every mattress and searched every drawer. All that was found were two dead bugs near the exit/entry door. We asked about what bugs were seen specifically/where/if they were disposed of/etc;--and no one present had any answer other than “..they’re everywhere!” It turned out that NONE of the people we spoke to and NEITHER of the people posting these negative reviews had personally seen ANY bugs. These reviews about bugs in beds and purses and “all over the place” are based on second-hand information from their own guest who arrived late the night before, reported bugs, and told them about it the next day. No evidence of any “infestation” could be found upon inspection.

Still, I had my pest control company come out *the same day* (not after the guests checked out as reported in this review). They told me “Look, Andrew—We can charge you for a full treatment –but we’d just be taking your money—You have no infestation here- A bug or two probably came in while they had the doors open.”

Knowing the “ins and outs” of my own property and having had my personal staff meticulously inspect--- as well as a licensed pest control company investigate (and based on the fact that there were NO BUGS seen during ANY inspection until these guests had more people arrive late at night.. opening and closing outside doors to move in—who knows how many times (or if they even kept it closed ?!!?)--- we concluded that all was OK and we informed the guests of same.

Unfortunately, the two individuals who are posting these reviews nearly one year later remained irate. They insisted we had an “infestation.” The guest posting this particular review said he and his wife were “moving out” of the Belle Royal Suite where they were sleeping because it’s “close” to where the bugs had reportedly been seen. Note: It’s not even part of the same apartment/entrance whatsoever- They’re separated by concrete block walls AND they had slept there the night before and not seen a single bug (nor had they ever—only their OTHER guests had…). I assured them they could use the bedroom/building and they insisted on moving to the main house to sleep on a couch. They demanded a refund of several thousand dollars and then quickly dropped it to $1,500 and insisted I pay it.

I politely reminded them that we did have an agreement which DOES state in large print that bugs are possible and that as landlords, we use the rent money to alleviate problems (i.e. hiring staff to come out, pest control, etc;) but that there really wasn’t any cause for a refund of the rent. My honest opinion was—and still is—that the guests who had arrived the night before – simply weren’t used to sleeping out on acreage in a rural settings--- they came late.. didn’t get the “grand tour”—didn’t get to see much besides that one bedroom…and/or a dark landscape….and felt secluded being apart from their family in the more remote guest house. It is unfortunate but they probably already felt pretty bad before seeing any bugs. During their moving of luggage/in and out/ a night bug or two probably came in through the front door. Once they saw a bug, they left without calling us to help in any way. The reality is, their host had rented a 62 acre estate NOT as a hotel… but rather, as a tenant with myself acting as landlord. My role as landlord is to quickly remedy any problem/situation and I take great pride in doing so very promptly. Still, BECAUSE they left for one night…and that one bedroom/one bathrooms wasn’t used, I feel I went above and the call of duty by giving them $500 (which they gladly accepted) to more than cover the cost of the hotel room they got.

Still, this guest continued to send me constant messages insisting that their “embarrassment” was worth another $1,000. Then they changed it to stating that they had lost 15% use of the premises and I explained how it’s actually more like 3-4% --but I’d rounded up to 5%. They continued to message me for more money—but I did indeed stand by my decision to give them $500.

Since then, no other guest has ever seen a single bug in the guest house nor has my own family. In May of 2016, we also screen enclosed the porch leading into that apartment (after reading this review) as an extra way to keep out bugs and/or to enable guests to enjoy the porch more during the hot, Florida summer months. That said, it is ALWAYS possible you will see bugs get into any home (or hotel room w/ a balcony) in Central Florida because of the nature/environment in which we live. I assure readers that The Ever After Estate is meticulously cared for, frequently treated for pests, and does not have any “infestation” (nor has it ever). We spray wasp nests when we see them (as would any establishment) and we leave extra cans of wasp spray on hand for most guests. If there was a nest blocking their enjoyment, we would’ve been happy to come out and remove it for them.
I will not comment on the “Facebook” section of this review except to say that the guest himself posted lengthy, hateful reviews on our Facebook which originally included photographs of X-rated items (again, nearly a YEAR after staying at The Ever After Estate). I replied to all of this in about as many words as he wrote; Sometimes my replies were split in two—so I imagine if he accesses Facebook from his phone, he received a notification each time I replied to one of his accusations. In my opinion, this evidences that I am very concerned about—and involved in my estate-and I do my best to address all guests in great detail.

I am happy that these guests enjoyed the waterslide and other amenities. I, personally travel extensively and write many of my own TripAdvisor Reviews; some good, some bad—and I can’t fathom giving any place only 1 star—when I continued to stay there for 3 more days and enjoy so many other amenities (and had personally not seen any of the bugs!). The writer of this review clearly is “punishing” me for refunding him $500 instead of $1,500 (and it remains questionable that multiple members of his family only first began to all post –what were initially—insulting, “loud” reviews—all at once—nearly a year later)…. I am confident that the dozens of detailed 5 star reviews I’ve received from travelers around the world—for The Ever After Estate (and my other two properties: The Great Escape Lakeside and The Sweet Escape House) evidence the fact that I provided my tenants with excellent service and a great experience.

-Andrew A. Greenstein/Owner
ksc12016
Riviera Beach, Florida
“It was a fluke!”
Reviewed May 12, 2016 for a stay in July 2015

This place is so beautiful and all the reviews are all so phenomenal. I think we hit it at the wrong time, as we had a problem with cock roaches in one of the small outer apartments. I did not realize this until the following morning, when my house guests were not there. They left in the middle of the night to get a local motel room. They found bugs in the bed, in her purse, on the floor, etc. I called the manager as soon as I found out this embarrassing situation and the manager came out immediately and we sprayed to fix the issue. No one stayed in that area again, for obvious reasons. We stayed at the estate and had a blast! Certain areas were a little rusty. The pool, although small, was awesome, with the slide. Some of my guests did see bugs in the movie theater. Since all the reviews are so positive, I am sure our experience was a fluke. The owner did reimburse me the cost of the motel room that my two guests rented in order to get away from the issue.

Date of stay: July 2015
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
May 13, 2016
Thank you for your review.

This review and the other reviews re: roaches in the small back house are all from the same family who stayed at the same time--nearly one year prior to posting their reviews all within days of each other.

As indicated, it wasn't just a fluke-- it turned out there was no roach issue during the guest's check-in inspection, check-in follow up, or anywhere to be seen the next morning when our own staff--and then a licensed pest control company inspected.

There are other reviews from other groups who stayed just prior to this July 2015 guest and also from those who stayed after this July 2015 guest-- none saw any bug issue.

It would seem that a couple of bugs from the surrounding acreage got into the house and left just as quickly. It can happen anywhere and I am sorry that 2 of your members experienced that.

We will always respond to any guest concerns immediately and remedy any situation presented at my estate.

We two have two estates with significantly larger pools (The Great Escape Lakeside and Sweet Escape House). I do see this guest was originally booked for The Sweet Escape and changed houses at the last minute to stay at Ever After. That said, the pool at Ever After Estate is a standard size and accommodates the groups who stay at this vacation home...very well. Its gorgeous and waterfall fed- I've been in small hotels with similar sized pools and they 't sleep many more people than we do :) ... Pools on cruise ships are usually only slightly larger than Ever After's--and they house about 3,000 people on board; )

I love seeing people share and enjoy my property and hearing how beautiful you found it to be...We do keep up with our property constantly--have a huge maint. budget--and are always upgrading and improving... I'm actually typing this review FROM Ever After and am enjoying the gorgeous views from the surrounding windows!
janis m
“quite simply made our wedding week......... a happily ever after”
Reviewed March 21, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My husband and I met with Andrew some years ago to check out the Ever After Estate and were completely blown away by it. It is without a doubt a magical place for all ages and knew on the day we saw it that this was definitely what we wanted to do. So this March, we, along with 30 family and friends we stayed for a week where we were married!! Our guests were just as much in awe of the place as we were and Andrew and his staff were on hand day or night for any questions we had. It was very refreshing to know that although we had this beautiful island to ourselves, help was also there if we needed it. I cannot praise the ever after estate or Andrew enough.. it gave us a holiday of a lifetime.. and although we are only home to Ireland, we are already planning to return.. and definitely going to check out the Great Escape Lakeside.. Thanks Again Andrew and your team :)

Date of stay: March 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: vast space, amenities, relaxed as kids were able to do what they wanted and we knew they were safe
Liked least: nothing to add here
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing