“Food tastes all the same, service is good”
Review of Laziz Authentic Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Laziz Authentic Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Moncton, Canada
“Food tastes all the same, service is good”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am used to good quality and variety of Indian food. The quality here was ok, the taste was all the same. We ordered 3 different dishes - they all looked and tasted the same. Looked like mush with something - the veggie dish was mush only. Sorry. The service was good, but the waiter asked for a cash tip since the owner does not pass on the tip. I have no problem doing it in general. I am just dissappointed that there are more than one "bad tastes" to this experience. For Florida, the Indian Food is ok - going into a truly Ethic community, I believe this restaurant would not survive.

• Visited December 2012

Mexico City
“Good Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Good tasty food....the curries are made to order, from mild to hot. I would recommend this place more for dinner and menu vs. lunch buffet...although located in a strip-mall and very spardely decorated...the food IS good and family run...

• Visited April 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We decided to try out this restaurant for lunch as the selection was supposed to be great. The food was fresh and good, but the selection was not as great as we were lead to believe (eggplant, two chicken dishes, rice, naan). A simple lunch, $8.95 each, typical Indian dishes... but the naan was hot and fresh! Had to wait awhile for refreshments which did not arrive until halfway through our meal, but... The location is easy to find, the plaza is very diverse in restaurants and shops...

• Visited March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I went to clearwater beach on Dec 31st 2011 from Orlando...I found this restaurant online, based on my experience with Indian restaurants in Orlando, I had a very low expectation on this attempt...the moment we were in, the person taking the order seated us and advised that we may just need to reduce our order because the quantity served for each order is more...I was very happy to later learn the waiter saved me money...food is really authentic Indian...we had tomato soup, butter naan and paneer makhani...wonderful food. If I ever go back to clearwater beach, I will not miss to visit this restaurant...thanks guys...

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Madhurima S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“THE MOST AWKWARDLY STRANGE RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE EVERRRR!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The restaurant itself was lacking character and looked like a cheap shack. The food was "Indian" and when we asked what type of Indian we were simply told "Indian"! Thanks Dude! There was one waiter on duty nd he kept an eye on the customers through various "peeping points" as my son said! The service was not too bad initially until.... upon finishing the main course we had realised we may have over ordered (slightly) the guy asked us if we wanted a doggy bag and we explained that we had neither a fridge or cooking facilities back at the resort. He told us he "pitied the food" and that we should have ordered less! (gee thanks dad!) A for Awkward! After leaving a more than generous tip we left! STUPIDLY craving "Indian" food we went back on our last night, as there are NO other Indian restaurants nearby we went back to Laziz (gluttons for punishment!). When we got there we sat down only to be told that we should order less this time.. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS GODDAMMIT! (we thought to ourselves!) This made for a very awkward and giggly time perusing the menu! We made our order and ate the mediocre generic "Indian" food ensuring not to have any leftovers! We were denied our request for an extra naan bread as the kitchen was closed now (at 9.45pm on a Monday Evening! Bit early!!). This was then followed by the strangest moment I have experienced in ANY restaurant... He said not to leave a tip as last time "The Boss" had pocketed the lot and instead he would come with me "outside to the car" to collect a tip once Ive paid the bill................ I didnt know whether to laugh or cry!!! Is this normal?
Dont go here expecting good indian food as you will be very very disappointed! for addedd humour my Son said that "The Boss" resembled the bad guy from the Temple of Doom movie!!! W E I R D ! ! ! ! Welcome to Pankot Village Dr Jones!

The website states that this is the "BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN FLORIDA"

• Visited September 2011