“Poppas BBQ Creates Lip smackin good ol fashioned BBQ”
Review of Poppa's BBQ

Poppa's BBQ
Ranked #66 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award Winning BBQ Restaurant.Slow Smoked Pulled Pork. Mouth Watering Baby Back Ribs.Dine In or Take Out. Catering Available.
Reviewed November 12, 2010

As you drive by the delicious smell of bbq coming from Poppas, it will make you stop to explore whats inside. This is an old fashioned low and slow bbq joint designed to let its food do the talking. I recently purchased from Mike (Poppa) of Poppas BBQ a pork butt, 1 rack of ribs, and 24 chicken leg quarters to feed my hungry team. The bbq was done properly with a Memphis style rub, which means sauce was not required. Poppa does provide sauce on the side for those of us who like the occasional dunking for bbq. Poppa specializes in one of my personal favorites smoked pork with slaw topping. It will put a smile on your face at first bite. Poppa's philosophy appears to be keep it simple. Great job Mike.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

So…… Here is how it all went down. My IT director came to be a few days ago and asked if I had ever heard of a new BBQ joint called Poppa’s that was right down the road. Seeing as I am the go to guy for cooking and eating here at the office I often get asked this type of advice. Anyway, I quickly said nope and did a quick search to see that they were currently the #1 rated restaurant in all of Clearwater, Florida. Immediately, 3 things went off in my head. How is it possible that I have never been to let along heard of this place, is it really in Clearwater and I am calling BS on that rating.

I thought about this for a few days and decided to head over there myself yesterday and hands down this is the best BBQ sauce I have ever had. I normally don’t like any sauce and specifically hate sweet sauces. I also don’t like sauces that are too vinegary. Poppa’s sauce has a perfect bite to it and on perfectly seasoned pulled pork with just enough bark it was a perfect lunch. It was so damn good that I went back today just to make sure it was not a 1 day deal and after having a sampling of the ribs I can confirm that this place is money.

Nothing extra-ordinary about the potato salad or coleslaw but the beans are way above average and the BBQ is the best. I will be seeing much more of your Oak smoked BBQ.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

After reading trip advisor reviews we headed over to Poppa's the day after we arrived in Clearwater. The place is small, but boy do good things come in small packages! The dry rub was perfect, and the ribs and pulled pork tender and delicious. Great lunch!

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Good BBQ at an affordable price... nothing fancy... just good stripped down BBQ. Great for the quick work lunch.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

If you want a inexpensive, very moist, delicious BBQ sandwich with quick service Poppa's is the place to go.