“WOW ! Delicious BBQ !”

Ranked #65 of 721 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award Winning BBQ Restaurant.Slow Smoked Pulled Pork. Mouth Watering Baby Back Ribs.Dine In or Take Out. Catering Available.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Its a tiny tiny place with very limited seating but DANG the BBQ is stellar!
I am a hardcore BBQ guy and I could find no fault with the quality of food. Went in with a business associate of mine and got the lunch special of the day. Pulled pork sammich and 2 ribs with a drink for $7.00.
I wish I had gotten the Jumbo sammich, it was that good. I want more of this BBQ ! Yes, I know it is spelled Sandwich but I am a southern man so this was a sammich. It was that good.......

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not often do I gush but I will gush over this place. It is hard to find without GPS, a real hole in the wall in size, seats indoor maybe a dozen or so with two pic-a-nick (hello, Yogi Bear) tables out front by the smoker/cooker building. AND IT IS SO WORTH IT!

We had the special, a shredded pork san and rib sampler with drink - upsize to large san for a buck more which we did. The pork was melt in mouth-tender, lean and flavorful just exactly like I like it. Rub on ribs was BBQ at its best, the kind of rub so painstakingly concocted over the years such that sauce is simply a redundant afterthought not really needed..

the sauce was applied to the pork and I can tell you It was love at first sight. I really like the midwest BBQ juice but for me it is usually a bit too sweet. Not this Memphis style no sir-ree. The sauce was equally well crafted as that amazingly not too sweet not too mustardy as the great Southern style is want to be. I can tell you it is unique and makes the trip so worthwhile, that and the quality of meat, the rub, the cooking / smoking and the good natured folks putting it all together.

Go, go and tell me what you think. Gush I do muchly? Or was I right!! We liked the chow so much I got dinner to go for later back at the motel. By the way, place is in a very small lot with limited parking and it stays packed over lunch. Is open til four but not on weekends and if you did not read all the way down here and went over on a Saturday, I am sorry but do try to get dack during the week if possible like we did.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Poppas BBQ offers great priced and even better tasting bbq quickly in Clearwater, FL. Since learning about this gem, I have had Poppas for lunch at least once a week. Chicken, ribs, and pulled pork cant be any better.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is one of the best BBQ places. It's real small with only a few 2 person tables inside and a couple picnic tables out front beside the screened in smokehouse. The aroma is as great as the taste of the food. Nothing big and fancy, just great ribs and sandwiches.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a very small (five or six two-person tables) corner place that is not fancy, it just has the best BBQ I've ever tasted. They have a smokehouse right outside the front door. The meat just falls off the bone with their ribs, their pulled pork is indescribable, and their beans are chock full of meat. They also have great potato salad. They don't go in for a lot of sauce, but the rub is fantastic. My wife and I ate 'til we exploded for $23.

Downside - Poppa's closes at 4 PM.

2  Thank EDFSouthJersey