“Serious BBQers will enjoy Poppa's”
Review of Poppa's BBQ

Poppa's BBQ
Ranked #5 of 750 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Award Winning BBQ Restaurant.Slow Smoked Pulled Pork. Mouth Watering Baby Back Ribs.Dine In or Take Out. Catering Available.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

While I've enjoyed good BBQ at national chain restaurants, this local establishment offered a wonderfully unique experience. To enter the small diner, you walk past the BBQ smokehouse. My wife and I both enjoyed the daily special that included 2 nice sized meaty ribs, a pulled pork sandwich, and bottled soft drink or sweet tea. If we should ever make a return visit, we would add a side of potato salad or cole slaw to the meat-only special. The pork was moist and had a nice smokey flavor. Seating is limited. Poppa's is busy and many locals come in for carry-out. If you are serious about your BBQ, I believe you will enjoy a visit to Poppa's.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is the place to go when you're looking for that pit master backyard style BBQ. Chicken, Ribs, Pulled pork, it's all good. Just show up early if you can, I regularly show up around 2 PM and there's not much left!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Like I say in my title, this place is not a five star restaurant but has some of the best BBQ in the Bay Area. I do not want a nice sit down BBQ I want something close to a shack that only cares about good BBQ. Go there expecting only 4 sides no fries, but when you put that sweet sweet pork in your mouth you forget about baked beans and are in pork heaven. People love to whine about many things, one thing you can't whine about is amazing feeling you get after eating good BBQ, and at poppa's you will get your fix!

1  Thank Jomigirock
Reviewed January 21, 2013

These guys know how to do que right!! Prices are very good, and portions are excellent. Staff was very friendly too. Best BBQ I have had in quite a while. Don't take my word for it let the trophies speak to the quality of meat these guys produce. We had plenty and then bought a whole rack to back back with us. Wish we lived in the area!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Poppa's BBQ is the real deal. simple but just great! i wish this place was in Massachusetts where I live!