“Our Family's Go To Restaurant”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #75 of 696 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Clearwater, United States
“Our Family's Go To Restaurant”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Good food, good value, and good service. We live about a mile away and come here often. Hint - eat in the bar to avoid a wait. This is a great place to eat with different ages and food likes because the menu is big. We often meet our extended family here and we sometimes just grab a quick meal on a week night. My only complaint is that it is a noisy place so if you have a large table you won't be able to hear your friends/family at the other end. For that reason we sometimes do curb side take out. Love the chicken pot pie and the chicken tenders dinner is the best value on the menu.

1 Thank Vickie C

Seminole, Florida
“Very nice meals, relaxing atmosphere and good value.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I really look forward to eating here, the food is dependably good and there's a comfortable atmosphere. We have always had upbeat and good service when we have eaten here. Love the BBQ, the tilapia and the broccoli casserole. Lots of choice on the menu.

Oviedo, Florida
“Casual...yet upscale Food and Service...”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Our first experience with this chain...Friendly atmosphere with no music...that was a good thing , however it was late afternoon, so there were many children, don't recommend for single adults, try later in evening. The Food and Service staff were awesome and our server was very attentive, removing empty plates and re-filling drinks. The Onion rings were great, towered on a plate with sauce for dipping and their Monte Cristo, with Raspberry jam absolutely fantastic. Prices for the amount of portions was very reasonable in my book. It was clean and upbeat...bar drinks were extremely delicious and unique,,,would highly recommend...

Philadelphia
“Eh... There are better places around.”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

"The onion rings come out in this huge tower!" I should have know then. This place was just eh. The food was ok, not good,
Not bad. The service was sub-par. Our waitress warmed up a bit but she still was not really putting any effort into us. I'm a former waiter and I very rarely complain about the service but eh. I think she was just busy. The order was not correct, on 2 of the dishes. She was a nice person, just busy and in the weeds. It didn't help the experice. The beer list is lacking so don't go here unless you want the standard american drafts. My grandmother likes this place because it is quiet - outside only! However you can also smoke outside here which is a disgusting part of Florida dining that I always forget about until I am reminded of it mid way through my meal when I taste someone else's smokes. Hopefully Florida catches up to any other states and bans smoking in any place where food is served.

Bottom line- I would skip this place next time. Just not that great. Better chain restaurants in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Tampa, Florida
“OK FOOD !!! TERRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have been to this Cheddars several times in the past 2 years. I eat here only because the food is ok, but the service is always slow and lacking. I usually sit at the bar for lunch, and the Bartender is usually by herself. She is so busy taking care of customers at the bar, and waiting on tables in the lounge, plus serving guests on the patio, its funny to watch. But the end result was terrible service, having to ask for drink refills, and never getting my salad with my lunch combo that I ordered first. Then when i told her I still needed my salad after my soup and sandwich came out,she said right away ??? Well she had another customer asking for something and totally forgot. I was finished with my lunch and asking for my check before she realized I never got my salad. Besides that the soup was luke warm, and the sandwich was old and mushy. A total failure from the kitchen to the bartender. And it reflects on the managers of this place. Which a manager never came to ask me how things were. And to top it all off I got charged for a Lunch Combo 3 and never got my salad ! I will never be back. The place is nice looking on the outside, but has a weird smell and needs to be updated a little on the inside. AND never get a $3.99 Margarita from there. They have the frozen machines 3 inches from the floor and mold is everywhere. And last but not least, You have to be 8 feet tall to be comfortable sitting at the bar. Either the bar is to high or bar stools are to short. Next time u want to go to Cheddars, remember Chilis and Applebees are right across the street !!!!!!