“Mixed emotions on this place”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #74 of 697 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Mixed emotions on this place”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been to 3 locations throughout Florida and none have been consistent. This visit was with some friends who like this place and wanted to take me out (even though I said I would never return to one). Being that this was 'on them', I accepted their offer. I ordered the Mushroom Swiss burger and some fries (same as other 2 visits) and once again, my food was totally different than the other 2 times. This visit, my burger was cooked well and the swiss was melted to perfection however, the bun was stale and had ketchup on the bottom of the bun not placed there by me!

The fries seemed to be recooked as they were soaked with grease and 'burnt'. I can't figure out why so much inconsistency exists for a chain restaurant. Owners - If you would like my opinion on how to correct this, please contact me and I will offer my assistance.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank johnluriejr

Clearwater, Florida, United States
“What's not to like”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

One of the best bargains in dining out there. Down home cooking from pot roast and mashed potatoes to shepherds pie. Huge burgers. Grilled and fried fish. A stack of chicken tenders which by the way, you cannot eat all of them. The wait staff is efficient, friendly and on top of your every need. The prices are extremely reasonable. It is very family friendly. It can be very noisy due to the amount of customers. One caveat; they are very busy and if you go at the lunch or dinner hour, you may have a wait, but it is definitely worth the wait.

1 Thank Daniel S
Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had lunch here on a trip to a Rays game. We do not have a Cheddars near us so we gave this one a try. The restaurant was clean and we were seated promptly. The food selection was very extensive. I had the oriental salad with grill shrimp and chicken. (and the WONDERFUL croissants!) My husband had the salmon. Both our meals were very good. The prices were very reasonable compared to Chili's or Applebee's. Our waitress was very polite and kept me supplied with the wonderful Peach Tea! Our neighbors at the next table had some delicious fruity looking mixed bar drinks...will try one next time :)

2 Thank ScottPamR
Bradenton, Florida
“Great service an great food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife an I went there for lunch and were seated promptly. However we were seated in a section where a group of 8-10Red Hats had just been placed and we had to wait close to 10 minutes before our was able to even get out water.
But boy was it worth the wait our server I believe her name was Genie was knowledgeable, had a great personality and took great care of us. All the food we had was as good as she described.
We do plan on returning again, which for us means a 30 minute trip one way

1 Thank Eddie E
“Pretty good”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The food here is pretty good and you will not be disappointed. The bar b que chicken salad is very tasty. Love the croissant rolls.

• Visited July 2013