“Go for the weekend specials $21.95 for Filet or Prime Rib”

Bascom's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bascom's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 755 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Bascom's Chop house is a comfortable, yet elegant American restaurant.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Can't beat the weekend specials here for dinner. No substitutions allowed but you really don't need to substitute, you get a filet 8 oz or 12 oz prime rib, baked potato, and salad and bread it is winner for sure especially for the locals. The restaurant is pricey otherwise and caters to business people staying in the area while at Raymond James, HSN, and other businesses in the area.

1  Thank thekegler
Paul B, Managing Partner at Bascom's Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

I'm so glad you got to take advantage of our weekend specials. We pride ourselves on being able to accommodate any guest, including those on a budget, so we appreciate your kind words. Looking forward to seeing you back here in 2014!

Cheers,

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We walked across the parking lot of our hotel not expecting much...boy were we wrong. For starters the panko crusted lobster bites are a must try. The Lobster bisque, mojitos, and Chilean sea bass are all excellent, but I'd have to say my absolute favorite was Bascom's house salad. They start with crispy greens, chopped olives, julienned smoked ham and Swiss cheese all tossed together with their house made vinaigrette. Need I say more? If you ever find yourself in Clearwater craving a great meal, Bascom's is truly awesome food!

Paul B, Managing Partner at Bascom's Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I'm so glad we exceeded your expectations! Thanks for this glowing endorsement. From our lobster bites to our house salad, it sounds like we delivered! Next time you're back in Clearwater, our door is always open.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Food was fabulous and service impeccable. The relaxing atmosphere is quiet and a great place to enjoy a good steak and great conversation.

Paul B, Managing Partner at Bascom's Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

This review is music to our ears! We're so glad you had such a memorable experience with us. Next time you're in the mood for a delicious and relaxing meal, our door is always open!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Took a mini-vacation and stayed nearby, so stopped off for dinner. The food was not that good and high priced as well. The food was spicy, so I had to keep drinking water, and the server was not around when I needed her. I told the server that I was not happy with my food and asked for my check, she did not seem to care! I will never go back there, and I will not recommend it either!

1  Thank Eileen N
Paul B, Managing Partner at Bascom's Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience, Eileen. While it's a shame you didn't enjoy your food, what upsets me the most is that your server didn't work to make sure you were as happy as possible. You should not have to eat (let alone pay for) something you didn't enjoy. I want to personally apologize for this unprofessional behavior. I can promise this isn't an accurate reflection of our service or our attitude in general.

Would you mind sending me an email with the time and day you dined with us? I'd like to look into this for you personally. Once again, I am truly sorry for this frustration and can guarantee it will not be an issue moving forward.

Much appreciated,
paul@bascoms.com

Reviewed November 22, 2013

When you walk in the door the atmosphere is luxury right away. The table spacing is very inductive to privacy. The wine list, on the iPad of course, is very extensive. They always have great wine specials as well. I ordered the special of the evening, a bone in rib eye with au poivre sauce, lobster mac and cheese and absolutely perfectly prepared broccoli. Our wine was delicious and desert was just as wonderful. This is a must go to.

Thanks for letting us know how we're doing, Jim. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave, we want you to have a 5-star experience, so it sounds like we hit the mark! We're so glad you had a wonderful time, and we hope to see you back here over the holidays.

Take care,