“Not too shabby”

Bascom's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bascom's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 700 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Bascom's Chop house is a comfortable, yet elegant American restaurant.
Tampa, Florida
“Not too shabby”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I ate here for the first time for a business dinner. The overall decor was nice, some wear and tear noted. Appetizers were very good. I had a filet for dinner and to be critical, may have been a little too rare for my liking, I ordered medium. The steak wasn't bad by any means but was far from the best steak I've ever had. Dessert was delicious but small. I'd definitely recommend this place.

Visited June 2013

Chesterfield, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner at Bascom's”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband has visited Clearwater several times for work. Each time he comes home he says he has eaten at Bascom's. He tells any of his coworkers going to Clearwater that they should try Bacom's. I actually had a chance to accompany him to Clearwater and to Bascom's. He was right the food was great. I had the Seared Scallops and my husband had the Prime Rib. Our waiter George was very attentive and friendly.

• Visited June 2013
SAINT PETERSBURG
“Good but pricey with slow service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice, quiet atmosphere. Classy way of matching napkin to clothing (eg if black slacks, black napkin). Started with crab in martini glass. Delicious! Ordered 4 meals but they went to another table so they had to reorder (did give us 2 free desserts but the wait was ridiculous). House salad is wonderful. My entree was prime rib medium, came out medium rare. Sent back and it came back well done. Not much flavor left at that point. Had to keep trying to flag down the waiter to get water refills. Would go back again but be more careful about order and instructions to waiter.

• Visited May 2013
Milton, West Virginia
“Good steak but pricey”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just ate here and the food was delicious. We shared the crab cakes, which were fabulous. He had the lamb which was cooked perfectly and he loved it. I had the fillet it was a little over cooked, but had wonderful flavor. It was a little on the pricey side, so I you are looking for something budget friendly stick to whatever special they are offering that day.

• Visited May 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Great steaks, pricy”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Bascom's is an old style steak house, and was very busy during our visit there. The lump crab appetizer and the steak was excellent. The price for dinner and wine was above average for this type of establishment.

Visited March 2013