“Great Daily Specials for only $10”
Review of GrillSmith

Ranked #90 of 737 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We popped in and were pleased with the new menu on both drinks and dinners. Good codices on their daily $10 dinners. Plus special happy hour for drinks. Terrific waitress and good food.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food and service is very good. Like with everything else you get what you pay for. The atmosphere is casual elegant so you get the feeling of upscale without the need to be black tie.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited after a cinema trip and as it was a Saturday, was told we had a 25 min wait to sit in or we could sit out with no wait. We sat out and it was great.
Waiter was a little slow in taking drinks orders but after that everything was good. The centre cut sirloin was superb!
Not the cheapest place to eat but would visit again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had never heard of this place as we usually dine at one of the many local restaurants or a franchise like Applebee's or Cody. Saw a billboard and decided to try it. Walking in the atmosphere is nice - muted colors, not too loud, trying to be more upscale without the upscale prices. Son and I were seated right away, drink orders taken right away by one waitress or possibly waitress in training or helper, and visited immediately after our waiter James. He asked if we'd been there before then proceeded to quickly explain the menu, sides, etc. Drinks arrived and right behind them came James with a gallon of milk for son - "She didn't fill his glass all the way". Son had already drank half but James filled the glass anyways. We ordered the Voodoo Cheese Fries to start. Very good. I expected the fries to be greasy or soggy (it was 2 PM after all and expected leftovers from lunch), but they were fresh topped with a good mix of 4 cheeses including gouda and gruyere as well as green onions and andouille sausage. What I like most was the fries were not drowning in cheese sauce with a little shredded cheese on top. It was just enough to add flavor. James timed our lunch arrival perfectly, a few minutes after we finished the appetizer. Son had the kids mini corn dogs. It's what you'll find at any other restaurant. I had the appetizer filet tip eggrolls in the small size. Three small eggrolls come in the order served on top of shredded lettuce with 2 dipping sauces. The eggrolls were good and I mixed up the two dipping sauces to eat with the lettuce as a bit of a salad. James was attentive but not overwhelming throughout. He kept my tea fresh and checked on us twice through the meal, which is plenty for me. I don't like servers who hover. He offered dessert but didn't push it, brought the check and encouraged us to sign up for the Grillsmith club for which he offered two sign up sheets to leave with the check. I thought that odd, but maybe the servers get bonus points for signing people up.

Things I like about this place and why I would recommend it: the service was excellent, the food was good and fresh, timing of our meal was good and this is a biggie for me as I was trained in fine dining service, the atmosphere was good. Also, many appetizers are available in regular size or small, perfect for a light lunch or to not ruin dinner too much. The place wasn't busy at that time of the afternoon. I've read other reviews complaining about the noise. They seem to push happy hour which I imagine is a busy time for the restaurant. It probably gets busy and loud then. If you're not in the mood for loud, I probably wouldn't go anywhere pushing happy hour specials during happy hour as those places tend to be loud. I'd compare Grillsmith to an Applebee's or Chili's but with a more muted, upscale interior design, less sports-bar-ish. Overall, we enjoyed our lunch and will be back.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I have dined at Grillsmith's Countryside location for at least three years, as it is next door to Countryside Mall. Over the last six months we've noticed that service is becoming lackluster and we've sometimes had difficulty getting a table even though plenty of tables are available (we think that servers weren't available to serve the empty tables). The food at this facility tends to be a bit above average, but service is either average or a little below depending on the manager on duty and the time of day. We have been there for lunches, too, but mostly evening meals.