“Good Food surprising atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smokey Bones

Smokey Bones
Ranked #52 of 684 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clearwater, Florida
“Good Food surprising atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I went back to Smokey Bones restaurant after not liking the atmosphere the first time (before they remodeled) the night of my wedding. It was close to the house, my family met there just because we were all hunger and it was close (and we had coupons). The atmosphere was brighter and a lot more inviting. The menu appeared to be completely retooled. The staff was prompt and courteous (more so than the 4 times I had gone before). The prices were fair and the food was so much better than my previous experience. Everyone enjoyed their meals and had a little extra to take home. It is now a place that is on my wife and I's radar when we need a quick meal close to home.

• Visited April 2013

Largo, Florida
“That Smoked Flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I generally get a combo plate. I like the pulled pork and brisket. Great smoke flavor with a good choice of BBQ sauces.

Visited October 2013
Clearwater, FL
“It isn't Kansas City but not bad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We tried the new Pulled Smoked Chicken Chop Salad and it was pretty darn good. Ribs always good. The bar is a great place to sit if ball games are on. For as busy as this place is, the service is good.

• Visited October 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
“Good food + great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Never visited a Smoky Bones before so unsure what to expect. Service was fast, friendly and appropriate, my steak a great piece of meat and cooked to perfection, ribs and chicken ordered by my co-diners also declared spot-on. Drinks very reasonably priced. Place was very busy but meals arrived in a very reasonable time.Good atmosphere and I am happy to recommend for great value informal dining experience.

• Visited October 2013
“Unclear pricing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

When I ordered, I asked the waitress how many sides come with the full rack of ribs and she said "two". When I got the bill we were charged separately for both sides in addition to the full price for the ribs. We questioned it but without a recording of the original conversation what can you do? So beware of the price on the menu.
Food was good but not happy with the bill.

• Visited September 2013