We stayed several weekends at this property and always had a relaxing time. The property is about 9 miles from the beach and in a quiet area. There were several restaurants within a couple miles of the property.
The staff at the front desk was always very helpful and friendly. We had a smaller suite with a queen bed, a recliner which was very comfortable, and a full kitchen. The Candlewood also has a small area to get drinks and snacks which is on the honor system.
The pool was heated, which helps in the winter time. The pool itself could have been cleaned a little better, but it was adequate. The deck area was nice, but in need of a little repair. The fence was falling over and some of the chairs could have been replaced. After inquiring about these items, the manager said that everything was going to be fixed in July 2009.
Overall we had a nice stay and I would recommend this property if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites Clearwater hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay. Studio room has one queen size bed and all have a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our on site fitness center or heated outdoor pool. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers, you can earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay We are centrally located and easy access to Interstate 75, Tampa International Airport, and the St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel is only 15 minutes away from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico Beaches!. Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are popular area attractions to visit. We are a pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable pet fee - $15 for 1 first night $10 for each additional night capped at $150 for duration of stay. Two pets less than 80 lbs. Per suite . Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Candlewood Clearwater
- Clearwater Candlewood Suites