Given the current state of our economy I find myself searcing for signs that capitalism works and that we as a nation will be ok. The Candlewood Suites shook my faith in America and the free market to its core. I do not understand how a business could be run so poorly and not go out of business. I will attempt to classify the terribleness of the experience, but understand that you really had to be there.
The hotel does not have any rooms with 2 beds in them. This is the type of thing that one wants to know in advance, when they specifically request 2 beds.
They do have 1 single air mattress that they are willing to loan out. The air mattress doesn't have a pump that goes with it. They let you figure this out for yourself.
The night staff seems to have been bused in from the local prisons or mental hospitals.
House cleaning comes on a weekly (if you are lucky) basis.
Nonsmoking rooms, smell like a mixture of smoke and the elderly.
For the rest of my live driving anywhere within 20 minutes of this hotel, my skin will crawl and I will be filled with a rage that can not be sated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites Clearwater hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay. Studio room has one queen size bed and all have a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our on site fitness center or heated outdoor pool. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers, you can earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay We are centrally located and easy access to Interstate 75, Tampa International Airport, and the St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel is only 15 minutes away from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico Beaches!. Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are popular area attractions to visit. We are a pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable pet fee - $15 for 1 first night $10 for each additional night capped at $150 for duration of stay. Two pets less than 80 lbs. Per suite . Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Candlewood Clearwater
- Clearwater Candlewood Suites