We arrived here on Christmas Day,2012 and had planned to stay until the end of February, 2013, but changed plans our due to an unfortunate incident. But first, I have to compliment the two ladies who looked after the front desk and especially the house keeping staff. We last stayed here for several weeks a few years ago when Tony Maccio was Manager. Boy, has the management changed! Whenever we asked to meet the "new" management, we were told that she was either at a meeting or had the day off. We never did see hide nor hair of her. She is very fortunate though that most of Her staff were quite competent. As mentioned by previous reviewers, the room was well equipped and, clean and comfortable. The surrounding grounds were very well maintained. The Candlewood Cupboard supplied all of our needs. A negative was that some guests from time to time had loud parties til very late in the evening which tended to keep us awake until the early hours of the morning, as our suite was situated very close to the BBQ "party" area. A few days prior to our departing, my husband was carrying in several parcels from a shopping trip via the rear entrance and he inadvertenly left his camera case containing our camera, and his GOLD bracelet on the ground, beside the rear entrance door.. When he realized he had left the case, he immediately went back to the rear door but the case was gone. He then went to the front desk to ask if had been turned in. and it had! The night clerk then retrieved it and returned it to him. Unfortunately, when my husband looked inside the case, he was terribly upset and a greatly disappointed as both his bracelet and camera were missing. We pondered that night as to what we could do to remedy the loss of our valuables. The next morning he asked the clerk at the front desk if we could post a notice which would include a generous monetary reward for the return of his missing items. He was told No, it wasn't allowed, but she'd put a notice behind the desk to alert the staff of the theft. I didn't know what good that would have done. Well, you shouldn't be surprised to hear that our items were never returned. Now, having a bad taste in our mouths and our vacation in ruins after this unfortunate incident, we decided to cut our trip to Clearwater short by several weeks and returned back to Ontario. We have been Priority Club Members for several years, we love the majority of the sites, but will never return to this particular one again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites Clearwater hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay. Studio room has one queen size bed and all have a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our on site fitness center or heated outdoor pool. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers, you can earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay We are centrally located and easy access to Interstate 75, Tampa International Airport, and the St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel is only 15 minutes away from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico Beaches!. Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are popular area attractions to visit. We are a pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable pet fee - $15 for 1 first night $10 for each additional night capped at $150 for duration of stay. Two pets less than 80 lbs. Per suite . Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Candlewood Clearwater
- Clearwater Candlewood Suites