Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr.
Ranked #76 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Needed a last minute place to stay. All hotels were booked except this one. The staff was really nice and offered a late check out. There is no hot breakfast only cold muffins and coffee. The price was a little high. The only thing I really didn't like was being next to smoking rooms because the hallway smelled thickly of smoke. Wish all the smoking rooms were on one floor but at the last minute you can't be picky!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GreenGables78
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m glad that you enjoyed our staff and I’m happy to hear that we were able to accommodate a late check-out. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. As well, I am sorry to hear that the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here one night in February and would have stayed longer if I could. Staff was very friendly, especially Jessica. Everything was very clean, and I even had a Brita filter in the kitchen that attached to the faucet. Having a kitchen is such a great convenience. I love cooking, but even being able to take back leftovers to the hotel where you can refrigerate them and microwave them the next day really makes a difference! Just like home!
Coffee was great in the morning and I typically get a continental breakfast at hotels, but with the kitchen, there's really no need. But if you do want a quick breakfast, they had fresh fruit, muffins and granola bars. Location is great, as well. Very close to a lot of restaurants, shopping, and only about 20 minutes to the beach (depending on traffic).

Room Tip: I'd recommend trying to get the second or third floor! I stayed on the third floor. There's...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Rachel - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you found our staff, especially Jessica, to be friendly during your visit. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and your fully equipped kitchen. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here for over 2 months. Great experience. Downsides: very limited breakfast, no exercise room or pool, and front doors are not automated. These may seem trivial, but I'm traveling with my wife who is in a wheelchair. Coming in a double front door was troublesome. Aside from that, our experience was super, The price was certainly worth it. The location was just off the Bayway, I275, and Roosevelt Blvd/Gandy Blvd. Ulmerton Rd takes you straight into Largo and St. Petersburg. Great access.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was fifth time within 18 months visiting this location and have watched amazing progress as they progress towards perfection.

With spacious and clean modern rooms, and a great staff including Vicki who went out of her way to make out stay our stay awesome. The hotel is making so much progress after a recent renovation. Much food is close by within walking distance, and five minute ride to the St. Petersburg Airport. Also minutes from I-275 makes travel very easy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Shaun - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our recent renovation and how much of a difference the changes have made. We are also very pleased you are satisfied with our location and the many attractions/restaurants nearby.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while in town visiting. Was booked for nine days. A decent length stay. On the third day house keeping had yet to clean the room. Called the fourth morning letting them know and asking for clean towels. They had yet to get them until the next day.
The room size is good. You get very few channels on the Tv. Bathroom door does not shut. No pool or amenities.
For a few dollars more you can stay at the la quinta two doors down. Wanted to save the seven bucks a day. From now on, will be staying there.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lifeguard8
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our corporate housekeeping policy was not explained upon check-in. I also apologize that you were having difficulty with your bathroom door closure. In response to your feedback, we will working with our front desk staff and maintenance associates to ensure an experience such as yours is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at clr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

During our recent stay, although it had mixed emotions, overall I would suggest this be a hotel you consider while visiting this area. The hotel has amazing potential to be great, rooms are spacious and modern, with great a/c, large bathroom and full kitchen /w/ room recliner. Location is close to many sit down restaurants and fast food, which are open late. Close to airport about 7 minutes away, just give yourself extra time at night due to road construction.

Hotel management made quick remedy once a problem was brought to their attention, but my biggest issue is failure for front desk employees to correct problems in a timely manner before it has to get to a management level.

Overall this hotel has strong points for you to consider, just be proactive with any issues if they arise and make sure its brought to hotel manager so it can be addressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shaun_SWO
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the Front Desk staff neglected to meet or exceed your needs & requests. I have taken your review and have and will continue to address these as well as any future opportunities.

Still, we are extremely pleased to know that we were able to make your stay a good one. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I came to Clearwater with plans of already having housing in place that fell thru. I didn't have a lot of money, so I needed a place I could book for a couple of weeks. This place was perfect. I showed up early, thinking I would have to wait 4 hours to check in. Wrong. They checked to see if my room was clean immediately. It was. They check me in at 11 a.m with no problems. I cannot even tell you how nice the room is for an "economy" hotel. It is as nice as a 3 star hotel in Washington. I would recommend this property to any one. It does not have a pool, but their sister property Homestead will let you swim there. It is just as nice as this one too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo