Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr.
Ranked #73 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
“Wow.Do not stay here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel.
One morning I woke up to find my one month old, brand new car missing. The hotel was painting the parking lot and instead of contacting owners they hired a towing company to relocate several vehicles to the back side of the hotel. When talking to the manager he got an attitude with me. The tow truck pulled my front wheel drive out of the spot backwards and scraped the bumper up. I have a call into my insurance and attorney. If that wasn't enough fun, there were ants, roaches and fleas. Our rooms floor reeked of dog and the hallways smelled like pet feces.

Avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Ryman80
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this review, October 3, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our "suite" was a small, dark room with a musty odor.
Garbage had been left in the room.

The satellite TV suffered continual outages.
The water was cut off for hours without notice.

There is no staff to assist with luggage and there is no business center.

Traffic is an absolute nightmare so pack a lunch if you plan to attend the
RNC Convention activities in Tampa.

No pool or restaurant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr., responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Brookston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

First time staying here... It has been totally renovated.. From new carpet to new beds and bedding. Smells nice and clean, all new furnishings, not afraid to walk barefoot across the carpet. Everything worked, staff is extremely friendly. Very nice.... Kitchen has stove top, full refrigerator, wish there was oven, but there is a microwave. New flat screen tvs, fast wifi. Would definitely stay again. No pool, but you can use the pool at the Homestead next door, as that is a sister hotel.. Beach is only 9 miles away, close to really good dining. All around nice place...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.