“Time for a Few Upgrades & Repairs”

Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center
Ranked #34 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here a couple of times on a recent visit to Clearwater. I like the location....central location between Tampa and Clearwater Beach and in a quite area. Overall good stay but they need to walk the rooms and fix a few things. First room was suite and the shower was set up in a larger tub. No matter what you did with the shower curtain, water would get all over the floor. In addition, the plugs were worn out and my cell phone charger cord wouldn't stay plugged in. Finally, housekeeping kept forgetting to put Kleenex in my room. On the second stay, the legs on the table were loose and it was difficult to work on the table and the fan in the bathroom didn't work. Table was fixed that day so that was good. Minor note...table was placed in front of the air conditioner and when it would turn on, you would get blasted with cold air so I moved it. I was told when I checked in that the room was suppose to have a microwave and fridge and those were not in the room. Noticed a long hair in the hand towel rack in the bathroom that was not mine. Overall an average HIE that needs some inpections done on rooms to fix items here and there. Would expect that they would make sure that rooms that elite gold members stay in would be perfect.

Room Tip: Second room was by the pool. Recommend not staying by the pool.....was noisy until almost 11pm on s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Gold Member and for sharing your feedback on your most recent stay. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you had with your guest room. Based on your description of the tub, I know exactly which room you are referencing. I am happy to share that we will begin renovating our hotel and that this room you are referencing will be convereted from a room with a tub into a room with a walk-in shower. We would also like to thank you for bringing all of these items to our attention. We take our guest comments seriously and utilize them to make improvements to our hotel. We look forward to you coming back to experience us again when we have completed our renovations.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The check in, mediocre. The room, a bit smelly. Spent two nights with the family, room not cleaned. Want breakfast? Take your time, patience and perhaps you will have access to something including a place to seat. Hotel isn't that clean. Check out, perfect by Hiroko, wish the other staff members could learn from her. Internet, the code provided wasn't the right and don't ask for it, don't dare to ask of there's a gym because in a harsh tone you will be told there isn't. No matter what efforts I make to find a reason to give three stars to the hotel, I can't. And your priority club membership is useless in the eyes of the person to check you in. At least this was expressed without asking.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. First and foremost, I want to personally apologize for our staff not recognizing the loyalty of your IHG Rewards membership and ensuring to you that you as a member are appreciated and valued by us. We understand that as a guest you have many choices in hotel brands and we appreciate that you are loyal to IHG. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to issues with your room and breakfast. Please know that we take our guest comments seriously and use them to make improvements to our hotel. I am very sorry that you were misinformed regarding our gym. Our hotel is affiliated with a gym that is located within a 5 minute walk of the hotel and is complimentary to our guests. I would also like to add that in the near future we will be adding a fitness center inside of our hotel for even greater access for our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience so we can utilize your comments to make improvements.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

When I made my reservations I stated that I had to have a roll away in the room, we had 5 people. When I checked in she told me we were not allowed to have the roll away. I asked to pay the extra to upgrade to a suite. She said I was not allowed to. We left, went to supper and when I returned I went back to the front desk. I watched her upgrade the only suite to another person for FREE! I immediately spoke up and she gave me no response. She told me that one of my kids had to sleep on the floor. I would have never believe this service if I wouldnt have seen it.

Breakfast was terrible. Pancake machine didnt even work. Very small pool. I had to get towels everyday. Room was very very small. Shower curtain was dirty. An overall terrible experience. We were there 3 days and each day I asked to talk to the manager, but they were never available.

It is close to the airport, but thats it. The neighborhood is filled with stripe clubs, bars, tatoo places, adult stores and alcohol stores.

DONT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: just dont stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apology for the challenges you had with the room accommodations you received and any inconveniences you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to make improvements to our hotel. Again, thank you for the honest feedback.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

we stayed at this hotel recently attending a volleyball tournament in the area. the location was convenient, easy to get to and there are restaurants within walking distance. we took advantage of breakfast in the morning and everybody really enjoyed the pool. the pool deck was spacious with plenty of chairs. our room was well maintained and bed linens for crisp and clean.

• Stayed: February 2014
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. Glad to hear you had an opportunity to enjoy our pool and that you took advantage of the restaurants in our immediate area. We look forward to hosting you volleyball team again in the future!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I reserved a room with two queen beds. When I checked in, I was informed that I was upgraded to a King suite. I said I needed two beds and was informed that there was a pull out couch. When I took out the bedding for the pull out couch, there were bloodstains on the comforter. After checkout, I was billed the rate for a king suite, not for a standard room. I visit the area often. I will not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SeminoleFan2000

We are very sorry that not only did you receive the wrong room type, you were also charged for what should have been a complimentary upgrade. If you would please contact me, I would love an opportunity to make that right for you. I am truly sorry that we did not catch this error before you departed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 had mixed reviews. The hotel was nice and kept up to date with the decor. Staff were SUPER friendly and VERY helpful.

The outdoor pool and hot tub was great. The kids had fun and the hot tub was HOT!

Our room was ok, the beds were terrible. You could feel the springs as you laid on it. Our 7 year old daughter who weighs 40 pounds complained.

Breakfast was standard, no complaints. There is something for everyone.

Outside of trying to sleep... It was great.

Stayed: December 2013
HolidayInnReneeGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

I appreciate you sharing your comments with us regarding your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your beds were uncomfortable. I appreciate you letting us know so we can make our rooms more comfortable for our future guests. Thank you again for sharing and for the great comments regarding our staff. We do hope when you visit Clearwater again, you will give us another try.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I work in the hotel business and travel all around. This hotel was absolutely outstanding. From the staff to the location. It's only 20 minutes to the beach and was a straight shot so you can't get lost. Many restaurants and stores within the 5 mile radius for the shuttle to take you to for free as well. Rooms are clean and the breakfast was well maintained. The staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome. Can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Join their loyalty program
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all apprecite the great comments! We hope you come back again!