“FIVE STAR ACCOMIDATIONS AND SERVICE - HIGHLY RECOMMEND”

Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater
Ranked #28 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Irving, Texas
“FIVE STAR ACCOMIDATIONS AND SERVICE - HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

BOB SAUERWINE and his staff are AWESOME and this is a wonderful place to stay. The people are friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the beds are amazing. I stay at this hotel 2 to 3 times a month and even though there are hotels that are closre to my business I drive a few extra miles to stay here because of the service at this hotel Highly recommend this is a GREAT place to stay !!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Joplin, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

Although I am giving this hotel a good review overall, I have a couple of strongly negative comments. First, the good news. The front desk receptionist was kind, pleasant, and helpful. The room itself was clean with nice linens. The bathroom tile appeared to have been recently re-done and/or it was meticulously clean.

My husband and I took along walk in the area, and we did not feel it was unsafe at all. In fact, we enjoyed walking to a Panera for a light dinner and then to a Starbucks the next morning for coffee. We were always in a nice area, but maybe we just happened to walk in the right direction.

On the negative side, there was a permeating smell of smoke as soon as we walked into the lobby. Also, int he hallway outside our room, there was an awful smell that smelled like garbage. The hot tub was green and slimy--totally awful. I would not have thought of getting in it.

Hope these comments are helpful. I would probably come here again for a stay before flying out. I did not notice much noise from the airport. We got the room for $50 on Hotwire, so I felt that was a great price for the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
bsauerwine, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about our staff, hotel and surrounding area. We take customer service very seriously. I want to address your concerns. The spa had a yellow colored bottom that makes the water look yellow or green. Other guests also commented on the color so we painted the bottom of the spa white so the water looks clear. I am not sure where the smell of smoke came from in the lobby unless a guest was standing outside the front entrance smoking. All public areas are non smoking with only 15 rooms smoking all in one wing of the hotel. Again, thank you for your business and please give me a call the next time you are in town. I will upgrade you to our new concierge level on the 5th floor for sharing your experience.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

I have a 9months old daughter. As everyone can expect, It takes very long time to prepare a trip and there are so many things to consider to take care of..
I happened to stay in Holiday inn St. Petersburg airport after I won a bid at priceline.com.
before going there, I googled what amenity they have and how many points they got from other customers. Due to the points they have and facilities, my expectation was not that high.
However, at front desk, Melony and Memerrio really helped me a lot. They tried to pick a quite room with 2 beds on a 5th floor without neighbors. furthermore they asked me to delivered a small refrig and microwave right after I requested them. (I worried about how to heat our baby food.) Besides that I really felt happy what they offered (Once they knew I have a baby, they really did their best to support me and to make us have good holiday.)

And.... Location was pretty good. you can reach both Tampa downtown and Clearwater beach in 15 mins. Grocery store is very close.

That;s why I want to recommend this hotel. but during I stayed there, Wireless on 5th floor was limited. The only way that I could use internet was moving down to 1st floor.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It had been one of those days where everything thing went wrong with my flight, traffic, and everything else. When I arrived to check-in, the welcoming staff (even the housekeepers said Hello and smiled) really hellped to turn my day around. Thank you for putting my mind to ease on a very stressful day!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
kcason2, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. These reviews really are a measuring guage for us to ensure our team is making every guest feel the way you felt when staying with us. Guests are always quick to tell us the negative and it is very refreshing to hear some positive. Thank you so much again and have a happy New Year.

Best Regards,

Kimberly Cason
Area Director of Sales
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

Friendly staff and the hotel itself was great. Rooms were all renovated and up to date. Great, comfortable stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Manteno, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

I had been in Tampa and one day left with no reservation so I decided to use Priority Club points for a free room. I was not sure I wanted to stay over the bridge and I stayed here 30 years ago, so worried about the state of the hotel. I was very surprised. This was a Holiday Inn Select in the past so it was nicer Holiday Inn. They did a real nice job renovating. You can tell it is an old hotel, but the upgrades were done in good taste. My night was free and still got a free breakfast and drink. Staff was very friendly. Free wifi. Someone mentioned strip clubs in the area. Well it is Florida.... There is one down the street, but I came from Westshore where their is one next to ever nice hotel. I can not believe how little time it took to get there. Actually it is a great place to get. Took me 10 minutes or less to get to the Tampa airport and you do not have to worry about the Tampa traffic. Would definitely stay here again and probably will.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

I recently stayed here and had a wonderful stay. It was very quiet, clean and the staff was very helpful/friendly. Also it has easy access to the main highways and interstates to get to places in Tampa or the surrounding areas. I would definitely stay here again when I visit that area again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends