“Fantastic Experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I spent the previous weekend there. The staff were very accommodating and efficient. They went above and beyond by making sure my hotel stay was fantastic. The shuttle drivers were very enthused and doled out great tips to indulge in the beauty of the beach. Also the Front Desk were very pleasant. I will be returning there in the near future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Journal W
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Journal W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad that you found our staff to be accommodating and efficient. I am working hard to hire the right team that recognizes the guest and to accommodate the guest. Going above and beyond is our current focus and I am pleased that you were able to experience that. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Price is right for this hotel. It seems a but older and the maintenance seems sloppy and minimal. Unpainted mud on the walls in my room and bathroom, dirty carpet in restaurant, breakfast buffet was mediocre. Found hair on my bathroom floor, and it wasn't mine! Seems like a tired hotel that needs an upgrade. Staff are helpful and friendly but not really enthusiastic about their jobs.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Jack50,

Thank you for your feedback. As a new manager for the hotel I do recognize the same concerns you have stated and I want to ensure you I have a plan but it will not change overnight. I have copied your feedback and have shared with every department manager and holding them each accountable. This is unacceptable and I hope moving forward we can change the perception that guests have when staying with our hotel. I hope in the future you can give us another try and hope you will be able to see the positive changes moving forward.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I just want to share how amazing experience our employees and customers had at your hotel. We had about 140 employees and about 3 customers from Duke Energy FL. I ask sales manager Alicia Fish to have a meeting room ready for that many people with a screen projector, box lunches, donuts and drinks. The room was properly set up and extremely clean upon arrival. The staff did a tremendous job at serving and at making sure that plenty of drinks were available at all times. The atmosphere in the Hotel was so good that we had a very amazing meeting. The food was fresh and well prepared. Thank you Alicia for your professionalism. JOB WELL DONE.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shelby H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We appreciate you taking your time to provide your positive, excellent feedback! Our staff, from the Sales Department to Restaurant Servers, does their absolute best to meet every expectation you will have during your time here. All of your kind words will be passed onto our staff. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us & we look forward to welcoming you back soon! -Shelby Hooper, Guest Service Manager
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is spotless. Well kept and very pleasant staff. Bargain breakfast if prepaid @ 2.50 dollars instead of 9.95 dollars. Jacuzzi amazingly hot. Saved my holiday after an awful night at Candlewood Suites nearby. Would definitely stay there again if I had a chance

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jeffrey K
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Jeffery K,
We are so glad we saved your Holiday! We appreciate your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful. They made our stay much more enjoyable. The rooms were clean and the breakfast is better than most hotels. And they always take care of those in the service.

• Stayed December 2013
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Coastybro,
We at the Holiday Inn St. Petersburg, greatly appreciate your recognition of our Great Service. In addition, for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and the breakfast options that were available. We all look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Warm regards and a safe Holiday.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

From the website and other reviews, you would think that this would be an “OK” place to stay. Far from the reality I faced. I should have known when while standing at the counter to check in- another guest came down to complain of the room not being clean upon check-in.

WiFi has poor output. I used my iphone hot spot to keep my laptop connected to the internet because I kept getting knocked off line.

My room faced the pool which was nice. But the carpet was filthy. The bathroom smelled like urine was embedded in the tile. The shower fixtures were rusted and the plaster on the wall behind the toilet looked as if multiple plumbing jobs had been done- the toilet took forever to completely flush so there will most likely be plumbing work again- soon.

Housekeeping staff was very pleasant; even though they delivered towels so fresh they were damp enough to wash your face with right off the cart. And the ants greeted me on the bathroom counter. The dead bolt didn't completely latch, but the chain and standard lock worked fine.
Maybe its downfall was due to the proximity of the well advertised “gentlemen’s clubs” combine with relaxed management. And maybe I just got placed in a crappy room that wasn't used often because a couple company's had large numbers of people staying there for some types of training.
You can tell that at some point, this was a magnificent hotel with a nice dining area, bar and grill and pool. The breakfast buffet is great and the staff was really friendly (overworked, but they kept a smile). But today was not one of this hotel's glorious days. I checked out as soon as I could. I’d rather pay more for comfort and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Renee R
Happy Holidays Renee R,
I am saddened that your recent stay with us provided a negative experience. I am working with our housekeeping department to ensure that "Cleanliness" is a Top Priority for our guests. Our Wifi is being address as the hotel upgrades their technology over the next few months. If you email me your room number I can personally address the condition of your room carpet and bathroom condition. We have a licensed Pest Control company that treats the hotel on a regular scheduled program. Again knowing the room number will help me to address many of the concerns you mentioned. "Relaxed Management" is a direction I am moving away from as a New member to the hotel. We are working on a uniformed professional employee environment. Our location is at the Gateway of St. Petersburg/Clearwater Business community and centrally located to Tampa and the Clearwater beaches. We hope in the future you will give us another try in hopes we can exceed your expectations. Warm Regards, Kim Cason, new General Manager. gm@theclearwaterhotel.com - I look forwarded to hearing from you.
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We travel throughtout the country doing Update and Hands-on schools for Kawasaki Motors Corporation. Of all the hotel chains we deal with we often stay within IHG (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza) as they seem to work with us the best. We did a recent school back in October at the Holiday Inn St. Petersburg N Clearwater and were treated extremely well. I wanted to take a moment to write about our experience. Lindsay (manager) truly worked with us before, during, and after our stay there. She was quick to respond and very friendly/helpful to deal with. Rooms are clean and accomodating at a reasonbale price, also the meeting rooms were larger and well laid out. They have a restaurant which was very good as well, All made for a pleasant stay and I would highly recommend staying at the Holiday Inn St. Petersburg N Clearwater Florida. I look forward to next time, thankful to all the staff there!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Dave R,
We appreciate your time in providing feedback on your time here at the Holiday Inn. I will be sure to share your positive experience with Lindsay, as well as the rest of the team. Thank you so much for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.