“Bob and staff was great....one night band trip wish I could have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater

Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater
Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I traveled with a band group this past weekend and our highschool had selected the Holiday Inn as the host hotel. I had to call in to modify my reservations and was transferred to the sales department. I had the pleasure of working directly with Bob...I believe he is the Director of Sales for the hotel and the person responsible for booking in our group. He was wonderful and clearly takes pride in his job and his hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel looks to be recently renovated - very modern and the wifi worked great. From my first interaction with Bob, staff at check in and during breakfast, to my departure everyone at the Holiday Inn was great. Kudos to the staff and thank you! We will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie f
Shawn S, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.

727.577.9100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Springville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I spent many nights in this hotel and my stay was superb. The front desk was always willing to help when I had questions and were courteous to my needs. Breakfast service is great and was complementary with many different choices of food unlike many of their competitors. Service in the food area was awesome, unfortunately my work required me to be out much before breakfast was served. The location is great and next to two very nice high end restaurants as well as quick and fast casual.
The rooms were very clean and furniture looked very new. If your room is far from center on the first floor internet connection is poor. On the 3rd floor I had no problems. Very nice hotel, and if you need car rental Dollar has a location on site.

Room Tip: Choose close to center, Internet connection is the best.Refrain from first floor if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Joseph S
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your great comments about the hotel. I'm sorry to hear internet reception was a problem during your stay. We are installing more Wireless Access Points to ensure every room has nothing but the best reception. I appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention and look forward to your future stays with us.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night for work and it was fine. What made it "four stars" was the price. I paid an advanced rate of $80/night and for the area, you really can't beat that. The bed was super comfy and the hotel itself was somewhat updated, although a lot of the updates were done sparingly and the age of the property does show.

But again, for under $100/night and a decent night's sleep, it's worth it. I would not recommend this for a vacation, mostly due to the busy surroundings and being right behind the airport, but it's great for business or a short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NoleGirl0923
Thank you very much for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact us directly or via our website when looking for specials for this location.

Winter Haven, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

we stayed at this Hoildy Inn because of it's location. The fact that they have a 24 hour complementary shuttle is a great big bonus!!! We checked in on a Friday evening, the staff was friendly and helped me with the locations of places I may be interested in seeing. The lobby was bright and clean. It felt very comfortable. We arrived to our room that was clean and presentable. The AC was set at a perfect temperature. It even smelled clean!!! We got ready for our evening out and was extremely happy that the shuttle was ready for us!!! Upon our return back to the hotel I was stoked to learn that the pool was open 24 hours!! It was wonderful to take a quick dip before retiring for the night, even at 2am!!! We slept comfortably and even enjoyed good food and great service for breakfast!! There is no doubt that I would return to this hotel when I return to Clearwater!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda D
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about the facility and staff. I'm glad we were able to change your impression of us because after some of the difficulties with your previous stay. Glad to also see you have been back to the facility since. The staff and I look forward to seeing you in the future and the chance to make every stay great.

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week while moving. The staff was very friendly and nice. They were over the top helpful with us and letting us use the fax machine for our real estate documents. The hotel is very clean. If you request a mini refridgerator they will put one in your room free of charge. Rooms are clean and there is a good wireless signal. I would give it four stars but because the entire staff was so great, I am giving it five stars.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark0076
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the complements for our hard working staff and glad everything was to your satisfaction. I hope that you can recommend us to friends and family. We also hope you are enjoying your new home.

727-577-9100
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I do business with HSN. This Holiday Inn is about 5 minutes away from their offices so it could not be more convenient. For those flying into the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area, the hotel is adjacent to the airport. The staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean and attractive and the rooms are comfortable, with free wi-fi, flat panel TVs, plenty of AC outlets to plug in all my electronics and a good work area.
Priority Club members get even more perks.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but since it does adjoin and airport, you may hear a plane now and then. Not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suprselr02
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your wonderful comments concerning the hotel and staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to seeking you in the future. Please feel free to contact me with any future questions or needs you may have.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Rude staff including the bartenders who only stock the bar once a week. They were out of everything. The floors were filthy, and the manager was completely unresponsive. Try the Fairlfeild Inn next door instead. It's head and shoulders a better place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank midcmmedic
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
I'm sorry to hear your stay in July 2011 wasn't a good one. I have been at this location since August 2011 and am working very hard to continue to improve the product and service. This includes our great sports bar. As seen by other comments here on Trip Advisor, I feel we are accomplishing just that. We have had a complete change of attitude since your stay and I would like an opportunity to prove it to you. I want you to be the judge of our success or lack there of. Please contact me directly and allow me to prove to you that it is better, at our expense of course.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your comments and my staff and I look forward to the opportunity to make you a satisfied guest.

727-577-9100