“Fine room for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #40 of 94 Hotels in Clearwater
Birmingham, AL
“Fine room for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Clean, comfortable room that was quite enjoyable. Breakfast served was typical for Choice hotels and adequate. Keys were a bit of a problem--they easily desensitized in my wallet. Cracker Barrel restaurant is right next door, Bob Evans just down the street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ONUalum
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and look forward to serving you again in the future. Thanks again.

Sincerly,

Bhupi Patel
Sleep Inn
727-573-5049

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Like a previous reviewer, I was pleasantly surprised as well. I am moving to the area and was in town to take care of things with my new job. Since I was only there briefly and didn't want to spend a lot, I booked here. The room and the property were clean and the king room was very large. It looks recently renovated so the carpet, furniture, and decor all look new. Breakfast was good each day. I would not hesitate to book again. The hotel is adjacent to the St. Petersburg-Clearwater airport so it can get a little noisy, but honestly not enough to be a bother.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ssorci15
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to share your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and that your stay was nothing less than excellent. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Spent two nights here while in town for the Rays. Didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on a room for sleeping only. The check-in was extremely fast and the staff was friendly and pleasant. The room was modern and had the look of a more expensive hotel than a Sleep Inn - was very pleasantly surprised.

The shower was a little small but the water pressure was good and I find that more important.

Airport noise was next to nothing - not a factor.
For the price it can't be beat.

Wanted to have dinner at Bascom's Chop House after the game but it was too late. We stopped at the Chinese restaurant next door to the hotel property. STAY AWAY - worst food ever.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary M
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
I would like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thank you again so much and we look forward to serving you again very soon.
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times and really enjoy it.

The location is ideal, the rooms have all been updated and are very nice. I actually love the decor and the beds are awsome. I read some of the reviews about the showers and can't comment because I always ask for roll in shower which is great for older people (which we are not) LOL

The people at the front desk are very efficient and pleasant. The breakfast girl makes sure everything is filled up as soon as it becomes empty.

We have stayed here at least ten times and have never been disappointed and we will be going back July 8th and 9th.

We love eating at Bascom's Chop House which is within walking distance although we drive.

It is for sure a great hotel for the price.

Room Tip: We stayed in 210 this time but may ask for the room across the hall which would face the pool. We d...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I spent four nights here recently while attending a college baseball tournament. Because I needed a room for four nights near the end of a baseball season that I'd already spent lots of money on, I was looking for a place less expensive than normal for me. This Sleep Inn was very inexpensive (I booked a while back and got a rate of--I think--$59 per night) but had decent online reviews, so I went into it with fingers crossed.

I was pleasantly surprised. Front desk was super friendly, room was big enough, a/c was cold enough (loud, but I kinda like it that way), bed was comfortable enough, third floor was quiet enough, and carpet was clean enough. I never had breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. Neighborhood is unattractive and suffers from very crowded roads, but going out early and coming in late I never noticed anything that made me feel unsafe.

As has been noted in other reviews, the bathrooms indeed are--to borrow someone else's phrasing--"just strange." Shower stall is like something out of a submarine.

Nothing at all fancy about this place. Do not expect anything more than a $70 per night hotel. But, as far as I'm concerned, it's a really decent $70 per night hotel. I would gladly go back if the rates were the same and I was trying to save a little dough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
I would first like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us here at the Sleep Inn. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to having you visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night before heading to the beach for vacation. That is the only part that made it tolerable. The lobby smells like cigarette smoke but thankfully our room did not. The room was quiet but despite recent updates, it needed help. The shower was a rounded fiberglass insert that was just strange. The room had recently been painted but there were roller marks on the ceiling in the wall color. The door to the bathroom had been touched up on the outside in a different color paint than the rest of the door and the inside had paint scratched off of most of it.
The breakfast didn't have much to offer by 9 am so we went to Cracker Barrel next door.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel and would stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I would like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than excellent. I would like you to know that your comments and concerns have been along to staff and management and appropriate actions has been taking. We hope to serve you again in the near future and sorry for any inconveniences that you might have had. Thanks again
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed one night at the Sleep Inn, April 29, 2014 for an early flight the next morning. The best and closest to PIE. Rooms are clean and staff was friendly. We mentioned breakfast and were told it doesn't start until 6am, our flight was at 6am. But when we checked out at 5am there was fresh fruit in the breakfast area.

Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again.