“Great Location Great Value”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #36 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times and really enjoy it.

The location is ideal, the rooms have all been updated and are very nice. I actually love the decor and the beds are awsome. I read some of the reviews about the showers and can't comment because I always ask for roll in shower which is great for older people (which we are not) LOL

The people at the front desk are very efficient and pleasant. The breakfast girl makes sure everything is filled up as soon as it becomes empty.

We have stayed here at least ten times and have never been disappointed and we will be going back July 8th and 9th.

We love eating at Bascom's Chop House which is within walking distance although we drive.

It is for sure a great hotel for the price.

Room Tip: We stayed in 210 this time but may ask for the room across the hall which would face the pool. We d...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I spent four nights here recently while attending a college baseball tournament. Because I needed a room for four nights near the end of a baseball season that I'd already spent lots of money on, I was looking for a place less expensive than normal for me. This Sleep Inn was very inexpensive (I booked a while back and got a rate of--I think--$59 per night) but had decent online reviews, so I went into it with fingers crossed.

I was pleasantly surprised. Front desk was super friendly, room was big enough, a/c was cold enough (loud, but I kinda like it that way), bed was comfortable enough, third floor was quiet enough, and carpet was clean enough. I never had breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. Neighborhood is unattractive and suffers from very crowded roads, but going out early and coming in late I never noticed anything that made me feel unsafe.

As has been noted in other reviews, the bathrooms indeed are--to borrow someone else's phrasing--"just strange." Shower stall is like something out of a submarine.

Nothing at all fancy about this place. Do not expect anything more than a $70 per night hotel. But, as far as I'm concerned, it's a really decent $70 per night hotel. I would gladly go back if the rates were the same and I was trying to save a little dough.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

I would first like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us here at the Sleep Inn. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to having you visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night before heading to the beach for vacation. That is the only part that made it tolerable. The lobby smells like cigarette smoke but thankfully our room did not. The room was quiet but despite recent updates, it needed help. The shower was a rounded fiberglass insert that was just strange. The room had recently been painted but there were roller marks on the ceiling in the wall color. The door to the bathroom had been touched up on the outside in a different color paint than the rest of the door and the inside had paint scratched off of most of it.
The breakfast didn't have much to offer by 9 am so we went to Cracker Barrel next door.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel and would stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

I would like to Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than excellent. I would like you to know that your comments and concerns have been along to staff and management and appropriate actions has been taking. We hope to serve you again in the near future and sorry for any inconveniences that you might have had. Thanks again

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed one night at the Sleep Inn, April 29, 2014 for an early flight the next morning. The best and closest to PIE. Rooms are clean and staff was friendly. We mentioned breakfast and were told it doesn't start until 6am, our flight was at 6am. But when we checked out at 5am there was fresh fruit in the breakfast area.

Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My flight from PIE came in late so I booked this hotel which is only 2 miles from the airport for convenience and cost. It was only $92 a night so wasn't expecting anything fancy for an airport hotel but I had hoped it would feel a little cleaner than it did. It has a very worn look and I didn't want to look too closely around the room even though it appeared clean. On a positive note, my room was spacious and the bathroom was handicap accessible. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but fine for a night. Also, for being close to the airport, I didn't hear any planes. The breakfast was included in the price and the room they served in was very small and crowded but food was fine. This hotel is definitely in need of renovations. Even new carpet would make a big difference.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn that your stay with us was anything less than excellent. We take pride here in making sure that every guest is satisfied. Again I would like to apologize and hopr that you will stay with with us again in the near future. Thanks again.

Bhupi Patel
727-573-5049

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here in April 2014 for two nights and was very pleased. The airport sits literally at the end of the runway at the St. Pete/Clearwater Airport (PIE), however I did not hear anything in the room. The room was like $84/night. The hotel has been newly renovated and was very nice and very clean. The pool area is clearly newer also and is one of the nicer pool areas you will ever see at a hotel. The owner was on site both days and was very friendly. You cannot go wrong with staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank trooper0309
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your recent experience with us. I am very pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you. We take pride here in making sure that your expectations are met and you receive nothing but excellency. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights from 5th March 2014.

Its really easy to find and just 20mins from Tampa Int Airport.

Check in was fast a very friendly our room was 308 which was on third floor at the front.
It was very clean[and house keeping kept it that way] and its the first hotel room we have stayed in were every lamp/wall socket/tv wifi and telephone worked faultlessly.The room was large and well equipted and the shower was also fine.

The breakfast is more than good and its easy to find something you like.
The breakfast attendant[Annette i think] is the hardest worker ive seen for a long time and she meets and greets everyone and keeps the food fully stocked and the area clean,management take note that she should get a raise for the excellent work she does!!

The public areas are all clean and even a free to use PC and printer,okay sizewd pool and again the area is very clean,even free poolside towels.

Now slight problem maybe that the pool and the hotel area actualy at the end of the clearwater & St Petersburgh aiport, not only can you see the aircraft but you can feel the vibration and smell the fule.

We didnt find this to bad as its not a really busy airport and the last flight appears to leave/arrive is about 11.00pm and the first flight out approx 07.00am,so not to bad at all.

Its a great location with a Cracker Barrel resturant neaxt door and a few other places to eat nearby.Down point would be that we only found one bar and that closed every night at 10.00pm,the staff told us that they closed early as the area was mainly for business use and not many people around after 10.00pm.

All in all its a good place to stay with great staff, clean rooms at a fair price,well worth a try

Even with the room facing the main road the trafic noise is minimal

Room Tip: Top floor have all been refurbished and far away from the runway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mylie B

Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your experience with us.

I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you and that all of your expectations were met. We take pride here in making sure that all of our guests are satisfied and receive nothing but excellency. We look forward to serving you agian in the near future. Thanks again.

Lauren Edwards