“Hope you like the sound of thunder (but louder!!)”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #40 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Wanaque, New Jersey
“Hope you like the sound of thunder (but louder!!)”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Not a great start to the second leg of our Florida trip, spoiled by the Towne Place Suites in Jax, we enter the gloom of the SLeep Inn. We are used to staying in the Sleep Inn, Emmitsburg, MD due to our daughter in college, which has been remodeled over the years. Hello, Sleep Inn in Clearwater...you are in beautiful Clearwater...how about some color!! The website pics do not reflect the rooms. The rooms were very dark, even dark doors. Also, trademark shower stalls at the Sleep Inns will defintely remind you of an actual phone booth. The people at the front desk in the morning, assuming the owners/managers looked miserable and somebody needed to brush her hair! The happiest person in the hotel was the woman prepping breakfast. She was a busy girl who said hello to everyone. I must say though, the pool area was LOVELY. But the icing on the cake is the Clearwater International Airport at the rear of the hotel, also where the pool is. Large UPS cargo planes, medium sized passenger planes and little tiny planes come in and out all day. BUt the best part is when they taxi to the end of the airport before they take off, it just happens to be right at the rear of the hotel. When the get the signal for takeoff, the slightly turn and crank the engines for a full blown take off. Your chest pounds from the sound bouncing off of your own body or the windows of your room! What a noise!! One plane was idling in the back for about 30 minutes. It was a "training" plane that clearly needed some engine work. It was so loud that we had to leave. If I had a redo, I would not stay there !! Sorry Sleep Inn CLearwater.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan R
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Ms. Susan R,

I was quite sorry to learn that your experience in our hotel was anything less than excellent. Your comments and concerns have been passed on to all members of management, and corrective action has been taken. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that the airport might have caused you. Please accept my sincere apologies on your recent experience at the Sleep Inn.

I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Sleep Inn
727-573-5049

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Room is nicely decorated and well maintained. The pool and jacuzzi are wonderful. Continental breakfast was decent, waffles, yogurt, fruit, pastries, coffee as juices. Worth the $75/night we paid. Would stay again!

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank grays2001
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Sleep Inn. I am happy to know that we were able to accommodate you. We look for to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks again.

Sleep Inn Hotel
Rising Sun
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was my first stay with a Sleep Inn, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. It has a slight European flair. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast was nice for hotel breakfast. The staff very friendly. I didn't realize how very close it was located to the airport, but noise wasn't really an issue at night, in the morning you could hear the jets taking off. But we were checking out anyway. I would stay at this hotel again...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kinds words. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, thank you for your kinds words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Sleep Inn Hotel
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Booked this hotel as a walk in after a late arriving flight. We were given a good rate and were just excited to get in, relax, eat, and sleep. As soon as I turned on the desk lamp, a small roach scurried down the wall and went behind the desk. He poked his body back out but not long enough for me to squish him. I was so tired that I didn't even care...that is until I was sitting in the bed and another bug crawled on the blankets. At that point, I went out and told the front desk that I had a problem in my room; I told them I had bugs. They asked me what kind and I said roaches. The desk worker then said "do you want to leave, or switch rooms". I was kind of surprised. There was no reaction or apology, and we were really tired. It was almost as if this was not the first time this had happened. I opted for a new room and there were no bugs there. The rooms are old and run down...but, have somewhat updated furnishing. The hotel reminds me off of a Place you would get at 18 years old to have a party. Paint peeling, stains on the floor and patched up drywall. Upon checkout I asked to speak to a manager but they were "on the phone". The desk gal knew the problem I had and had given me another 10% off the cost. I felt I should have been given a better discount, or a free night somewhere as this place is part of choice hotels. We did notice the room was out of commission the next day...maybe they were exterminating the room. I will not be back, ever.

Room Tip: Any room without bugs would be a good choice. I would only use this place as an absolute last resort...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Anjayla0021
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you so much on your feedback on your recent stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the troubles and inconveniences that you may have encountered while staying with us. I can assure you that every issue has been taken care of. I would like for you to come back and stay with us in the future, free of charge. Again I would like to apologize.
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

In a word, "Perfect" or "Excellant"!
Clean AAA+ The hotel had a fresh smell to it.
Pool AAA+ both pool and hot tub were perfect. Great ambiance with lights in the pool area at night. I have never seem anything like it, very romantic and a calm feel.
Breakfast area AAA+ plentiful, fresh and hot.
Beds AAA+ were firm and the room was large. The decor was first class.
Quietness AAA+ this hotel was right at the end of the airport runway but I never heard an airplane. Rooms were truly soundproof.
Overall Smell of Hotel AAA+ it is a true non smoking hotel. This Hotel will stay on my "A" list. The price was great.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Margaret L
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay here with us at Sleep Inn. I am pleased to know we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Thanks again.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were just passing through for one night and found this hotel. Check in & out was quick and easy. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and in good condition. This hotel is directly next to the Clearwater/St. Pete airport, but the noise was much less than we would expect for the location.

Room Tip: We really can't compare after only one night, but our room was a non-smoking king bed on the sec...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback on our hotel. Our guests are very important to us and we always love to know how your stay was. I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you with your stay and look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks again
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2014

When my wife and I go on vacation we select a resort that we have worked many years to afford, but when we travel on business we stick to the basics. In this case the basics turned out to be a wonderful surprise. The room (suite) was well appointed, very clean, and the staff was very helpful. Above all the air conditioner was very quite, which made for a good nights sleep. Yes, we are right at the end of the runway, but did not experience flights landing or leaving prior to 8AM or after 8PM at night.
The location is perfect for access to Clearwater, St. Pete, and Tampa. The roads are very good in those directions, but overpass construction will be confusing for the next few months next to the hotel. After getting stuck in the wrong lane once the learning curve goes up pretty fast.
I have to add one note about the bathroom. I think they had a closet leftover they didn't know what to do with. The John and the shower room is very small. No spa here. You can tell it is designed for one purpose and one purpose only. There is only one sink and that is outside the door. So if you want to shave at the same time she wants to do her hair, you know who is going to sit and wait. Still a great value.
The Sleep Inn will be our first choice for all of our future business trips to St. Petersburg.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kissyourdog
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out to recommend our hotel. I am very pleased to know that you have chosen our hotel to accomodate you on your business travels. Your feedback in very important to us. Thanks again and you look forward to seeing you again very soon.