“very nice hotel”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #35 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed August 24, 2013

very clean and very well equiped. Pool, fitness center. The staff was very pleasant. The breakfast is very complete (fruits, yogourts, waffles, muffins, cup cake, juices, eggs, etc...). Well located, calm and close to many fastfoods and restaurants. The quality of this sleep in could be equal of a comfort inn.

Room Tip: all rooms are equal
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Franck P
Bhupi P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Sleep Inn. We are happy to here you enjoyed your stay with use and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you from the staff at Sleep Inn. 727-573-5049

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over two nights. The hotel was clean, quiet & convenient. The staff was helpful. We stayed in a king suite, a very pleasant and comfortable room with a separate sitting area. The breakfast was good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lorie226

The staff here at Sleep Inn wants to thank you for your review we are happy to here that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again if you have any questions we are here 24/7 727-573-5049

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for about a week or two. They have good rates and the remodeling that was done showed in the building. They have free wifi and good cable channels. We stayed on the first floor overlooking the pool and spa, which is lovely refurbished. They, too, have an excellent breakfast bar, with some hot items. Annette, who takes care of that bar, is so very pleasant and diligent in keeping it clean and stocked. I hope Bhupi (the manager) appreciates her. And speaking of Bhupi, I always saw him outside skimming the pool, picking up trash, and doing anything he could to accommodate his guests. He's a great manager. However, they have a grill outside by the pool for the guests to use, but it is tied down and it's location is outside the pool gate and by the trash door. So when we wanted to use the grill, we had to maneuver around all the trash. That may need to change Bhupi! I also had a request one evening after Bhupi had left for the day and I approached the night shift clerk at the desk asking for an extra blanket. I believe her name was Jocelyn. She was the most rudest hotel clerk I have ever came across and she did nothing to accommodate me or to be pleasant even. She gave me the impression that I was bothering her. Anyway, NO extra blanket, absolutely none she told me, no deviations in the answer. Just a flat NO! My husband and I didn't even stay another night after dealing with her. We went to another Choice Hotel (Quality Inn) not 3 blocks away. Beautiful fast check-in, early too, with all of the same amenities that the Sleep Inn offered but almost $70 cheaper a week!!! I am sure, too, that their staff is as pleasant as Annette was...not Jocelyn...for she needs another position...not one at the front desk!

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the pool and the runway! Sometimes the planes taking off or landing are so loud...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jennifer Z
Bhupi P, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

The Staff here at the Sleep Inn would like to Thank you for the review of our hotel.
It is alway's are pleasure to make our guest happy and there stay an enjoyable one.
The next Time you make a reservation please stop by and say hello.
Happy Holidays
Bhupi Patel

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice hotel, certainly worth the money paid. The room was clean, the breakfast was plentiful. The check in and check out persons were both very accomodating, especially the check in person who had to deal with jack hammering.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from any construction
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluebug66

The staff here at Sleep Inn wants to thank you for your review, and for staying with use hope to see you again soon. If you have any questions please call the front desk 727-573-5049 we will be glad to help you. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed here 10 times over the last year visiting the West Coast of FL. It was such a relief to walk into a CLEAN, PRETTY and FRIENDLY hotel.
The staff was friendly and helpful and each time you walk past the front desk I was greeted kindly and warmly.
The breakfast bar is good and got better with more options over the months of my stays. Always clean breakfast area with good quality foods. Only negative is the hard-boiled eggs-too hard to peel and no water to rinse off the shells.
Lovely pool/spa area is roomy and comfortable.
This is a must stay place when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the pool/spar area. It is a beautiful sight at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DEBIASHOHIO

The staff at Sleep Inn would like to thank you for your review, We are happy to here you enjoyed your stay as well as the view of our courtyard. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again have a blessed day. If u have any questions please call our front desk at 727-573-5049

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed there this past weekend. Room was clean, easy check in. the hallway rugs were a little dirty, but otherwise it was a good stay. Tho there were workers cleaning the tile and grout, the company was very professional, they helped me carry my luggage and to the elevator and were very polite. When i arrived i had no idea that there was going to be work done on a sunday but my hisbands a tile contractor and he said the tile grout went from black to white over nite!

Anyway i would definitly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked this hotel stay on Choice Hotels website and held the room with a debit card. I do this for any and all hotels that I plan on staying. Upon check in I was informed that my credit card was denied. I am a frequent traveler and top contributor to Trip Advisor and I can assure you that upon check in of any hotel you are asked upon arrival for a credit card to hold this reservation until check out. So I could not understand if the front desk clerk never swiped my credit card, how could my credit card be denied. I was very frustrated by this. I told her she never swiped my credit card so how can it be denied. She immediately asked to swipe my card and then said it was denied. This I could not understand since my credit card had planty of money on it. I gave her a debit card to another bank and she said it was denied as well. I could not believe what I was hearing. So she calls her headquarters or someone to tell them that she swiped two cards from me and both were being denied. So at this point I am really frustated. I walk through the door to check in. I am asked for my name. I am told that they are unable to check me in becuase my credit card is denied. All of this happened without being asked "may we have a credit card to hold the reservation under". I hadn't even opened my wallet. I have never had this happen to me. EVER. The manager was telling me I could go to ATM around corner and pay in cash. So front desk clerk asked for my debit card again to other bank again while on call with her headquarters or whoever and reads to them my debit card information over phone and then she is given a code which she inputs in computer and then she swipes my card again. This time telling me that everything is good now. I am able to check in after like 20-25 minutes. This has NEVER EVER happened to me. Okay I am finally checked in and go to my room after explaining to my husband what horrible check in I had. We are on our Anniversary by the way. My husband was extremely uncomfortable and asked me to check our banking information and to check my credit card. To my surprise, Sleep Inn placed a hold on my Credit Card for $130.00. Two separate holds for $130.00 each on the debit card for the other bank. I was beyond Livid. It cost me almost $390.00 to check in to a hotel that should only cost me $130.00. It took forever for the holds to fall off from the banks/credit card. But I soon figured out what Sleep Inn did. Upon arrival/check in, they were trying to put the hold/charge on the debit card that I originally used to reserve the hotel under. Again, I have NEVER EVER had this experience where you are charged on the card that you used to reserve the room UNLESS you specifically tell them. Even then you have to present the card to the front desk personell to swipe again. They can't take your word to charge any card these days due to rise in fraud. This really put a damper on our anniversary. We are paycheck to paycheck people and $390.00 is a lot of money for people like to us to have tied up while on vacation. We had a rental to put gas, food to eat, etc. So for that I probably won't stay with choice hotels again. I hate to say this but I have NEVER had a bad experience with Marriot and Hilton. A month ago I checked into a Marriot chain hotel in Palm Coast, FL and the check in was less than 3 minutes. I walked into the hotel with the reservation under the same debit card that I use to hold hotel rooms under and when I provided my name the front desk personnel asked me for credit card to hold this reservation. They put hold on the credit card provided to them. I was given a key and was on my merry way. So this experience taught me to never provide multiple cards to front desk personnel as each time they swipe your card you will be charged EACH time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple