“Great value, location, stay!”

TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
Ranked #54 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were in town to go to Busch Gardens. This location is 30 mins away from the Park but in the area we wanted to be, and close to the 275 freeway to quickly get where we needed to go. It has a warm & cozy "homey" feel and is tucked away off the busy roadway. We were pleasantly surprised to have a nice view of a pretty pond from the back window! I got an extremely good rate (but found out that due to it being Thanksgiving there'd be no maid service, which was probably why... but I was ok with that)...so overall very happy with this Marriott bargain. Bed was sooo comfy, fluffy pillows, nice sheets, etc., kitchen was great, all was clean, working, etc. Even Santa was staying there! It seemed pretty full yet it was overall quiet. And people were cooking turkeys which made the hallways smell so yummy! Would definitely stay here again someday...great value.

Room Tip: choose the building in the back, facing the pond, 3rd floor (has elevators)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
I am so glad to hear the you enjoyed your holiday stay at the TownePlace Suite and I appreciate you taking the time to share comments with Trip Advisor.

Our location is very popular due to the location and the easy access to all major roadways and the I-275.

Santa is big fan of TownePlace Suites and pays us a visit every year. If you get back to the Clearwater area, I hope that you stay with us again!

Christine Sieber

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater

Reviewed November 5, 2013

ABSOLUTE VALUE FOR MONEY !!!

I like Tampa, its was my third trip. My team (3 folks) was stationed in Townplace for a project over 2 months. Initially i wasnt sure of the place but thought should give it a try specially since team was staying there. I stayed in Towneplace for 2 weeks and must say it was a very good experience.

Location: Very quite, opposite a small lake and away from city hustle/bustle . Its far from the clearwater beach but driving makes the job easy. Parking (open) is adequate and the place right off of Ulmerton Road.

Rooms: Nice and spacious rooms, great place for short stay, well equipped Kitchenett, full sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and coffee maker, descent bathroom, good bed and therefore sound sleep

Wifi: Great speed, absolutely no issues at all.

Staff: Excellent front desk, amazing folks. Special thanks to Mike Linder, who made my stay truly a great experience. I was looking for skydiving options and Mike helped me select the right location and also got me a good groupon deal. If it wasnt for him, not sure i would have gone for sky diving.

Breakfast: Grab and Go kinds, nothing much to talk about.

If you are a tourist, there are multiple options near the clearwater beach for stay. If you are looking for short stay option, pls close your eyes and go ahead with this place.

Room Tip: Definately the place for short term stay, if you Drive.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments with Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay in Clearwater. It's always nice to hear that we were able to exceed our guest's expectations.

Although we specialize in long-term stays, our hotel is very popular with short-term stays and families on vacation due to our area and it's easy access to the beaches, bridges and I-275.

If you return to the Clearwater area, please come stay with us again!

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

When I had to fly to Fl for a family emergency, I didn't know how long I would be staying or if other out-of-town family would be joining me. The front desk staff were so friendly, sympathetic and accommodating. The rooms I occupied were both very clean and well stocked with towels and kitchen supplies. The price was very reasonable. The gym was small but well equipped. Parts of the common areas need some updating but management said they were scheduled for a remodel soon. Definitely would try another TownePlace hotel. Very impressed.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay; I just wish it was under better circumstances. I have shared your comments with the team as they are always please to know that we exceeded expectations.

We are so excited about our upcoming renovations! If you get back to the Clearwater area, I hope that you will stay with us again and enjoy our fresh new look.

Christine Sieber

Reviewed October 18, 2013

First of all, let me say that working with Jason in Group Sales was a great experience. He was very professional and did a great job of working our group through the reservation process.

The hotel is in a very convenient location and it was very clean. The front desk staff was excellent and treated everyone very respectfully. The breakfast had cereal, yogurt, and fruit. It was limited but it was replenished consistently and everyone could find something for themselves. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Towneplace Suites on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to hear that Jason was so helpful. Jason has been with the hotel for over 4 years and has been a tremendous asset to our team.

I have shared your review with the team and they love to hear from our previous guests.

If you get back to Clearwater, I hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a very comfortable stay at this hotel. The bed was comfortable (not rock hard). continental Breakfast, but only til 9am. It was clean and centrally located. The desk people were very friendly went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.

Room Tip: Dont get a ground floor room near the pool. Very noisy and they can look into the room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MrReviewer100

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the kind words and the great review of the hotel. I must agree, our beds very comfortable. The beds were recently replaced and the guest reviews have been fabulous.

I hope that you get to the Clearwater area; in April 2014 the hotel will have a full renovation.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am always a fan of the corporate housing hotels that have cropped up in the past decade, and Marriott's Towneplace Suites is a prime example.

Manager on Duty checked me in, recognized elite status and upgraded me to 2 bedroom suite and a small token of apprecation inside a little snack bag consisting of Doritos, Oreos and bottled water. I had only one bathroom but enjoyed the extra space otherwise. The kitchen had stove, microwave and full size fridge. After check out, hotel called me to tell me I left almost an entire pizza to which I told me to give it to the staff as it was not worth it for me to turn around and come back.

Location was at a crossroads almost equidistant from Clearwater Beach, St. Petersburg and Tampa as you can be. There are only gas stations for the most part within walking distance but if you have a car, there are many places to eat east on Ulmerton Road towards Tampa Bay.

Only negatives I can think of was the room was on 2nd floor directly above lobby, which meant my view consisted of looking at air conditioning units. Secondly, when I wanted to visit colleagues at Residence Inn next door, you have to walk or drive all the way outside the property to the street as there is an inconvenient and large fence divider in between. Being sister properties of same brand, they should have shared a parking lot or at least easier access to each other.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings, if you are there during rainy season it is better to stay in first building w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
It's always so nice to hear that we met or exceeded our guests expectations; and greatly appriciate your time to review our hotel.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your snack. After a long day of travel or work, a pleasant surprise is always nice.

If you get back to the Clearwater area, I hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My elderly mom and I stayed here for nine weeks while mom had cancer treatment nearby. I can't say enough about the many ways the staff, from the front desk to the housekeeping workers, made our extended stay a joy! They were always immediately responsive to any special needs or requests, showing genuine care and concern for our comfort. Our room was spacious, handicapped equipped, and provided amply for our cooking and other "home away from home" needs. These folks are absolutely first-rate, from the General Manager Christine and front desk staff, to the Housekeepers!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us; I just wish it was under better circumstances. If you need to return to our area with your Mother for further treatments, please just give me a call and I will personally handle the arrangements.

Please give Mom a great big hug from her TownePlace Suites Family. May god bless you and your family and will keep Mom in our prayers.