TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Clearwater)
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchendining options nearbymarriott websitelong weekend staythe breakfast areagreat hotel for familiessized refrigeratorchange hotelstropicana fieldsmall kitchendecent staycomfortable hotelfree breakfastdecent breakfastcomfortable staythe general manager
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were in Clearwater for a few Spring Training game, and we greatly enjoyed the TownePlace Suites. It was clean, comfortable, and fairly roomy. The location was a real plus - convenient to Clearwater and the ballpark, yet close to the bridge to Tampa and accessible to St. Petersburg.

The only minor issues we had were with the bathrooms - the toilet flush was acting a bit wonky (but easily overcome), and the showers are way too short. If you are over 6 feet tall (OK, maybe 5'10") you will have to be a contortionist to use the shower.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KJE1776
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
It is always nice to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.

If you get back to the Clearwater area, I certainly hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Very nice two bedroom suite with kitchen. Nice to have three televisions so kids could watch what they wanted when it was raining outside. Liked having the full size refrigerator. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank BWHClan
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with TripAdvisor. It is always nice to hear from our guest as it affords us the opportunity to make improvements or highlight our successes with the team.

I am glad to hear that you found our kitchens to be well equipped and made your stay more enjoyable. The beds and flat screen TV's are new and the feedback on both has been amazing.

If you get back to the Clearwater area, please come stay with us again!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of my stay at the Towneplace Suites St. Petersburg! The clerk who checked me in was very friendly, the bed was super comfortable, and the studio suite was the perfect size for me. Very very clean! I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Stephanie H
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the lovely review of the hotel and the staff! It is always so nice to hear that we exceeded our guest's expectations. Our hotel has recently made numerous upgrades, which included new beds, flat screen TVs, and new state of the art fitness center.

I have shared your review the entire team. If you get back to the Clearwater area, please come stay with us again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is my third stay at this hotel and it was great, as always! Since my last stay, the hotel got new beds, big flat screens and a fancy new exercise room. The new beds are very comfortable. They offer a nice breakfast with a great cereal selection, fruit and yogurt. The staff is always so helpful and really knows the area well. They always have great recommondations to offer for dining and fun things to do in the area. The kitchen is nice and has all the items needed to prepare a meal.

Room Tip: I love the second building looking at the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank robert c
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. As a repeat guest, it is so nice to know that you noticed all the recent upgrades we havemade. Yes, we recently did replace all of the bedding with the new Marriott Standard, which is rather plush and comfortable. The new fitness center has certainly been a hit with our guest as the equipment is state of the art.

In addition to the aforementioned upgrades, we have also upgraded the cable TV to offer more channels and HD. The pool was also upgraded with new furniture.

If you are back in the Clearwater area and stay with us again, please stop by the front desk and say "Hello". Many thanks for the kind words and your loyatly. I will share your comments with the staff as they always love to hear from our guest.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Arriving close to midnight, I was checked in by an efficient and friendly staff member, who upgraded me to a 2 bedroom suite, presumably due to my Marriott Rewards status. The staff member was very helpful in explaining the features and the services of the hotel. My suite was spotless, well furnished, and efficiently laid out. Wireless internet worked flawlessly. I particularly appreciated the fact that there were 4 bags of coffee for the drip coffeemaker, because so many hotels have these yet only leave one or two bags, which makes for a very anemic pot of coffee. The bed was very comfortable, the suite was quiet, and I was able to get a very good night's sleep.

Check-out the following morning was handled by an equally efficient and pleasant staff member.

In my experience TownePlace Suites consistently deliver a good experience, and this property was no exception. Clearly, the employees here love their jobs and go out of their way to make sure that the guests' needs are consistently met.

My only suggestion ... thirsty terry towels for the bath would be a nice addition. The stock towels used are average at best.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank step12dude
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites. It is always so nice to hear from our guests; especially when we have exceeded their expecations.

I am very proud of our staff and they all work very hard to make ensure a great experience. I have posted your comments in the breakroom for the entire team to read.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with TripAdvisor.