“Ok Motel - Ambien Recommended”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #60 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We reserved a king suite. We had difficulty checking in. We were a bit early but were given the key and told the room was ready. When we entered the room, it hadn't been cleaned. We returned to the desk to let them know the room wasn't ready. They told us it would be about an hour. We went and ate lunch, did some shopping and returned an hour and a half later. The room still wasn't ready. We were told it would be a half an hour. So we went out and drove around for about 45 minutes. Came back, room still wasn't ready and it was now after check in time. We waited about ten more minutes and were given the key and told the room was ready. When we got to the room, the cleaning ladies were still in the room cleaning! It was about five more minutes until they were finished.

The room itself was very nice and comfortable. What you would expect from a Hampton Inn. The king suite was a nice big room. Lots of space. Comfortable bed.

The hotel itself is more like a motel with no indoor hallways. I don't know if because the walkways are outside people think they can make as much noise as they want or if the motel isn't soundproof at all but I was woken up every morning around 6am by people walking by, talking, luggage being rolled down the walkway, etc. I recommend Ambien for this hotel. They noise level was worse than any New York City hotel I've ever stayed in.

The best thing about this motel is it's location. It is about a ten minute walk to the Phillies park (if you can deal with Phillies fans) and a short walk to bars and restaurants. So you can go drink then stumble home. That's the best thing about this motel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 28, 2010

This was our family's first time staying in Clearwater. We originally wanted to stay on the beach, but the prices were triple what we paid here. The location was terrific. This hotel is located close to restaurants and stores. The drive to the beach was only a short 10-15 minutes. The breakfast alone saved our family of four at least $50. Each morning there was a tasty spread of hot and cold items. The staff was constantly replenishing them. Our family loved the pool area. It was very clean and the waterfall was relaxing. We would definitely return to this hotel when visiting Clearwater.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We picked this location to see a performance at Ruth Eckerd Hall and to look at furniture stores. We ate at the Asian Buffet which was less than a mile away. It was the best we have ever eaten. Ample selection, all fresh, and very clean. The worst part was that it was cold and rainy - unusual for this time of the year. Trying to figure out how to navigate on US 19 was a bit of a challenge. But everything we needed was conveniently located. We will go back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I needed a place to lay my head as I was at a conference for the weekend. It was perfect as far as price, cleanliness and safety. The staff: JohnHenry, Kameron and Elise (thank you!) were equally helpful, friendly and attentive to us as well as other guests. Enjoyed the warm breakfast in the AM- got me off to a good start:) Pool area was wonderful and the sound of the waterfall was better than Calgon, after a 12hr day. It was a little get-a-way for the weekend. Only draw back was the pool is only open to 10pm. Which did not give me enough time to enjoy the pool area. But that does keep the noise level down. All in all I would recommend staying here no doubt. Sorry others did not experience what we did.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2010

WE always stay @ this Hampton Inn on US 19, as my daughter &her family live down the road. TO DATE, have not had any problems. Always friendly, great breakfast & always fresh coffee. Not stale!! Like other hotels. Pool area is also great & clean. I SUGGEST, if you have a problem, move to another room!! Hampton has a room guarantee....

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for one night using hilton honors points. We were a little leary of our stay because of some of the previous posts. We were assigned on the first floor to room 110. We were pleasantly surprised by the entire stay. The checkin staff was friendly and quick. She gave us good directions on where to park and how to find our room. The room was neat as a pin and the furnishings appeared to be updated. The bathroom was so-so in terms of updating, but very clean otherwise. The beds were comfortable and the sheets and blankets were soft. They had our child's pack and play crib in the room as requested upon arrival. The location is very close to a mall and dining and other area attractions. The breakfast was average with a good variety offered. Complimentary coffee at breakfast as well as in our room.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stayed in room 184 on 10-20-09. I am a HiltonHonors member w/Diamond status. I stayed at this hotel in last 2 weeks w/no problem and 2 or 3 times in the last year w/no problem. On this stay I killed over 70 BUGS IN MY ROOM! These were not dead bodies of bugs, but real and alive. My photos only show the worm like bugs, but there were also ant and mite like bugs too small to be seen by my cell camera. The gentlemen on staff I spoke to in the evening said, "oh, you think that is bad you should see back there..." and motioned with his head in the direction of the rear of the motel. I checked out 2 days early. I was not asked why I was checking out by the morning staff and no one mentioned Hampton's 100% Guarantee. Frankly, I hope they use my $79.64 to contract with a pest control company. I would rather sleep in my car and bath in the gulf of Mexico than spend another night in the creepy crawly world of hampton inn clearwater on hwy 19.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business