“Tropical Oasis” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #44 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
“Tropical Oasis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn was home for the last two weeks while in town on business. I really liked the layout which really gave it a nice relaxing tropical feel. The long porch overlooking the pool area was very enjoyable. I spent a lot of evenings just sitting there and enjoying the serenity of the surroundings. The rooms were always kept clean and were fairly comfortable. Of course nothing beats home.
The staff was extremely great. Even when there was a large group of girls staying for a softball tournament. They were able to keep up with the girls during breakfast and were always in good spirits.
The only complaint would be that the ice machines didn't seem to work very well during my second week.
If I'm ever back in town I will try to stay here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank DHJ730
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I am so happy that you chose us for your home away from home while in the Clearwater area. It made me happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the patio area as well as our beautiful courtyard because many guests here on business don't get that chance so I am glad you did. I do apologize about the ice machines. They are working fine it's just being an exterior property many guests may use that opportunity to ignore the signage that states, "Guest room ice only, no coolers, please". By this being ignored it doesn't take long to empty an ice machine when one person right after the other fills their cooler up. We try to watch out for that and stop it when we can however we obviously didn't do that great of a job over the time you were here and for that I apologize. I hope to see you back again very soon and have a great rest of the summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
San Jose, CA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have no complaints. This is a modest, typical non-luxuary motel. The one short coming is the lack of in-room refrigerators. Other than that, a comfortable, efficient mid-level motel. Staff are very helpful, accomodations are kept clean, location is reasonably near Clearwater beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I have to agree with you about the refridgerators, I too wish every room had one. Down the road when we renovate we plan on getting them for every room however until then only the suites offer them. We do have a few that we relocate from room to room on a first come first serve basis day of arrival however we have 178 rooms so when we are very busy many of those requests can't be honored and for that I apologize. Thanks for the service and cleanliness scores as well, the staff really appreciated that. Hope the rest of your summer is awesome and we see you back soon.
Clinton Township, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Overall the hotel is great. Staff is very nice and polite. Rooms are newer and the beds are comfortable. Definitely recommended. Nice pool. The breakfast is pretty good and has a nice variety. I would stay again. The highway (19) was under construction so the hotel was a little hard to get to at the time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us. The construction is slated to be over in October 2014 however doesn't seem like they are on target to me. The original end date was Spring of 2015 so that is the date we continue to share with our guests and if it gets done earlier we will be very happy. Thank you for the score you gave on service, the team really appreciated that and wanted me to thank you personally for them. I hope you will be able to return in the near future especially with the summer half way over. Thanks again and have a great week.
Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had five families stay together at the hotel for 3 - 4 nights. We all had pool side rooms on the first floor. It was set up very nicely with peaceful and beautiful Florida landscape as well as convenience to the amenities and the parking for loading and unloading. The breakfast was very nice for a hotel breakfast with different hot items each morning. My favorites were the pepper and cheese omelet and the homestyle potatoes. Every morning they offered the delicious waffles that all of the girls love to eat and make.:) The breakfast area was very nice, open, clean, comfortable seating, and decorated nicely. The staff was very helpful and kind to us. They allowed us to check in a little early when our first day of games was washed out and allowed us to check out a little late on our last day so we could enjoy some time around the pool and fitness room before departing. We spent most of our time at the ballfield very close by. The pool area was large with a separate beautiful whirlpool and Jacuzzi hot tub that had a waterfall over the top. This was my favorite because it was very peaceful and pretty, and the girls enjoyed swimming under the waterfall. There was covered seating outside at the pool for breakfast or any other time. It would have been a great set-up for a get-together if we had more time to spend there. There was also a lot of space inside the lobby where breakfast was served for getting together with your group after breakfast hours. The exercise room was sufficient and clean. I used it one day. The rooms were clean and light with nice plantation shutters. Each of our rooms had a nice desk area, fridge, but no microwave. My only wish was that the pool stayed open later than 10 pm for our softball girls. They did not get to swim most nights because we were back too late from games and dinner. They did enjoy time together around the property but were not able to get in the pool. They lock it up. This hotel was convenient to all kinds of restaurants and shopping. We would stay here again. It was a very nice experience. Thank you to Dina in group sales for arranging our group stay.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side/interior room for sure. Not a parking lot side room. I liked the building acros...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I loved your review of us and want to thank you for taking the time to write it. It was wonderful having you stay with us and meant a lot to the team when they read everything you wrote. Many guests have asked us to keep the pool open later but our issue is that the same amount of guests call the desk around 9pm asking when the pool is closing because they can't sleep with all the noise. As a hotel we want every guest to have a wonderful stay and we work to find the happy medium and sometimes that doesn't always work. I do apologize your girls weren't able to enjoy the pool after their games though, I have children and know exactly what it feels like when the pool is closed by the time we arrive back to a hotel and for that I am sorry. I hope to see you all back again in the very near future, thanks again for the wonderful survey.
Orlando, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room was very small and husband and I felt very cramped. Also, when I checked in, I was surprised that my room (which had a door directly to the outside) faced a dark heavily wooded area. This did not seem very safe. Also, horrible traffic on the road outside of this hotel due to construction. I would not consider this hotel "business traveler friendly". Lots of families with children and not good monitoring of the hot tub area. I was going to use the hot tub at the end of my day and there were at least 8 kids in there unsupervised.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know that I already responded to your survey however I just wanted to thank you for writing the review as well. I hope the remainder of your summer is excellent and thanks again.
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Fair price, friendly and professional staff, room's clean each time we come back from playing :) pleasant. We asked for fridge and it was brought to room shortly after check in. Breakfast was different every morning, some mornings better then others. Cold Pool, jakuzi and warm pool - nice, clean!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lana5g
I just read your review and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write it as well. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful time with us and was able to enjoy the pool in between the games. It was nice to hear that you were able to get a fridge for your stay as well. We have a limited supply that we offer to our guests on a first come, first serve basis on the day of arrival and I agree it is wonderful to have in the room. I hope your remainder of the summer is great and we see you back soon.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel but old school where all rooms open to the outside. Load 2 rooms for one night while in town for a wedding. Upon entering one of the rooms the floor was soaking wet from AC unit. Notified front desk and the immediately moved us to an upgraded suite which was fine. Suite had 2 Queen beds small fridge and microwave. Ball so had separate sitting area with TV. Room was large and clean. Staff was cert professional. Property over all was clean and in good order. Had a nice outside pool area with large deck with comfortable lounge chairs. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the AC leak that took place but very happy to hear the team took care of you and made up for the inconvenience. I hope you can come back very soon and enjoy the rest of your summer.