“This is what Customer Service should be”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #64 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed June 9, 2014

For the past few years, Hampton Inn has been our go to place to stay when we are budget traveling. The rooms are clean, hot breakfast is included, and the price is right. This property is an older Hampton. The rooms are small (but clean); The rooms entrance/exit in the 'exterior corridor' fashion of the older hotels (I prefer the 'interior corridor'--I just think that it's a little safer). The lobby is very nice with plenty of room for the guests to eat breakfast. The pool is clean and the water crystal clear. We called for extra pillows and they were delivered within 10 minutes. What we didn't realize, as we left our room (not to return for until 10:00 p.m.) was that our a/c unit wasn't providing the cold air that it should, and since it was so late, we had a warm night (and not a whole lot of sleep). I informed the manager (sorry..didn't get his name) at about 7:45 the next morning of the situation. He told me that as soon as his guy arrives (8:00) he will get him on it. At 8:05 he was at our door and within 30 minutes, swapped out the unit. He came back later to make sure that it was cooling the room as it should. As we checked out, the manager informed me that since our first night there was a uncomfortable one, there would be no charge for that night! I never asked for it--he offered it. I would definitely stay there again. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim N
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response and I am so glad that the team took care of you while you were here. Your kind words are much appreciated and we look forward to a return visit again from you very soon. Have a fabulous summer and a great week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The location of this clearwater hotel is within minutes of the beach. Training camps nearby, restaurants and activities. I consider this hotel to be descriptive of "old Florida". The grounds ar very mature with local tropical plants (and a few critters). I find the local geckos to be very entertaining on a lazy poolside afternoon. Yes, the hotel is older but well maintained. The property management staff is very responsive to myself and neighboring guests. My husband stays here frequently on business and I on leisure. I wouldn't hesitate to recommended this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PeggySueToYou
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

I am so glad you were able to stay with us while your husband was here on business. It was wonderful to hear you enjoyed the pool area as well. Hopefully the next time he comes on business you can take some time to travel with him as well. Thanks for the review and hopefully we will see you sooner than later, have an awesome summer.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I could not believe the pleasant experience that my wife and 2 friends that traveled with us to attend a wedding on the beach, had at this hotel. I wanted to write a review the night of my arrival, I was that impressed of the staff and the beautiful accommodations; I thought I should wait until my trip was over though, to make sure it wasn’t a dream... ALL of the Hampton Associates I met were pleasant and polite and went out of their way to please. The rooms were very spacious and CLEAN. Breakfast was good, plenty of food and seating, but if you get a chance to try Lenny's down the street, do so, you won’t be disappointed and was told by the Hampton Front Desk Associate that it is a Clearwater ICON. Several restaurants within a very short walk (Tilted Kilt, Smokey Bones, Carrabas and my favorite the Wing Hut). Made the beach in 15 minutes, except for Memorial Weekend Saturday, which was very understandable. GM, House Care Manager and Sales Director all helpful and courteous. If we get a chance to visit Clearwater again, we would certainly stay at this hotel. I travel a lot. This hotel is a Diamond in the rough.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room facing the pool... It was like being in a tropical oasis. Spend some time...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jonsales

Thank you so much for everything you said...you are right about the tropical oasis feel that pool area gives you and I encourage everyone that visits us to find time to just enjoy it. If your on business and you don't want to swim, you can also sit on our patio that have the ceiling fans gently going enough to offer a constant breeze as well as tables to continue doing your work on. If you just want to sit and enjoy the noise of the water fall we also offer rocking chairs on that same porch. Wonderful review, thank you and hope to see you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not safe below hilton standards. Not meant for women alone or the handicap and elderly. If you want to be safe and secure this is not the place. Staff is very unconcerned about your comfort and act as if you are staying at the Waldorf or Conrad hotel instead of a outdoor only room access motel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Treava M
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

I know you and I have had several communications back and forth and I will extend my apologies again for the feelings you had of being unsafe due to the property not being interior as well as the fact you felt the staff was not concerned with your comfort. Thank you for your survey as well as your review.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Called to request a fridge the night before and upon arrival it was not a problem. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was great!!! The only bad part was the traffic/construction getting there and my GPS sent me to the wrong place!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy T

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts...I am glad we were able to get that fridge for you and I also apologize about the GPS messing up. Please, I encourage all guests coming to our property to contact the hotel directly so we can give you easy directions to get to us due to the construction going on. It is supposed to be completed by October 2014 but we all know how weather can change the work schedule when your project is on the outside. Thanks again and I hope to see you back again especially with summer upon us.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Average hotel. As the title states this is really an old Days Inn type hotel converted over to Hampton Inn. It is a motel vice hotel (web site does state this). Upon check in as a Hilton Honors member, I asked if there were any upgrades and they put us in a pool side room for our 3 night stay. Rooms were a bit tight, slightly out dated, no fridge. Shower pressure was weak. Went and walked around pool after we checked in; nice looking pool & hot tub, but towels just thrown all over the area and not picked up. Breakfast area was large, but on a busy holiday weekend they had a hard time keeping up with the crowd; hot food got cold and quickly ran out of coffee. What the web site does not state (at least I did not notice) was the warning about all the road construction around it. The hotel sits on a one-way street and makes for very difficult entry and exit. It was an ok hotel for the price. Some friends of ours stayed down the road at the Ramada and they complained to us about the filth and old squeaky beds and broken air conditioners. Glad we did not stay there like the rest of our party.

Room Tip: request pool side if available
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

I know that because our hotel is an exterior property several other guests have also mentioned that we must have been a Days Inn, Best Western, etc...the truth is we were a full service Holiday Inn. Our building is over 30 years old and if you think back to years ago it was normal that many of the hotels were exterior not interior like they are now. Because of the building being older the rooms are smaller than propertys that have been built in the past 10 years. I am so glad you asked for the upgrade so you could enjoy the pool area and like I have also mentioned to everyone in the past, if you ask and we can do it we will. Down the road when we renovate our hotel we will be getting refriderators at that time and it is something we all are looking forward to more than you will ever know. Thank you again for your review and have a great summer.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Long story short, our stay was only 2 days. The first night we encountered a problem with tons of ants at the entrance of our doorway. 2nd day we found a roach crawling on the night stand. We also had cigarette burns on the linens of one of our beds. I did report this to corporate guest services and the GM of this location was prompt in contacting me. She did refund our entire 2 night stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know I already talked to you on the phone as well as responded to your survey however I just wanted to extend my apologies once more. We stand behind the 100% guarantee and I just am sorry that we failed to not just meet your expectations but exceed them. Have an awesome summer.