“PLEASANT STAY” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Abington, Pennsylvania
“PLEASANT STAY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This my fifth year, and they made some positive changes to the pool area and dining room. This year their breakfast was subpar, found it to be better in the past. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are small but addequate. Overall a very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. You are correct on the changes you noticed since the prior years visit. We have all new pool furniture as well as the lobby and breakfast area was completely remodeled. I apologize about the breakfast change though. Hampton Inn started serving new scrambled eggs and omelets as of December. Many guest have commented and some like the new selection more when others wish it had remained the same. I hope you Easter was awesome and we look forward to return number 6 next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Glasgow UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here 4th April, and found the bedrooms very clean with comfortable beds.
However, I would agree that the bathrooms were quite small. The breakfast was adequate, providing a small range of fresh and cooked food.
This is a holiday destination hotel for families.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip with everyone. I just noticed the dates you were here so I am happy that the weather was great during your stay. I do agree that the bathrooms are smaller than most Hampton Inn's however I would like to think that we make up for it with the service we provide along with the clean rooms as well. Hopefully when we renovate a few more years down the road that they will be able to adjust the bathroom size along with a few other suggestions made by past guests. Thanks again for the survey and we look forward to your quick return.
Dunkirk, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is an older property in need of some renovations but was close to Bright House Field allowing us to walk to a Yankees/Phillies game. Check-in was very good as they were able to give us our room early as we arrived in the morning. The shower was good but the room was smaller than we normally get with Hampton Inns. Maintenance was quick to respond and repair the low water pressure in our sink. On a rainy day of arrival is was nice to be able to pull right up to our room to unload our stuff. Construction on Route 19 creates problems getting in/out of the hotel parking lot and should continue the rest of this year by the looks of it. Breakfast was typical for a Hampton Inn and the pool area looked nice but it was too cool for our 3-day stay to sample the water.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased you had an excellent spring training vacation with us, maybe next year the weather will be warm and you can actually get in the pool and enjoy that when the team isn't playing. I am not sure if they will be able to stick to it or not but the new updated dead line to complete the construction in front of our hotel is for October 2014. That's about 6 months early so maybe next year when you come back to watch your favorite team play it will all be cleared up. Have a great summer.
Clearwater, Fla, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Courtesy and thoroughness of maid was outstandinng. Prompt at cleaning, and reliable. Maintence person was timely in repairing a defective door lock. Came back to check on it, and made sure my key was set for the right number of days

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay with everyone. I know I already responded to your survey as well however I thought I would say thank you one more time here as well. We hope to see you back again very soon.
Orland Park, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here last week for Spring Break. Room was small, not updated, bathroom was super small. Toilet water kept running and the bath water had 2 temperatures, hot and hotter. Complained to front desk and after a couple of times, these two issues got fixed. Knowing the weather was going to be cool, I called the 3 times in the couple of days prior to arrival and was told they had a heated pool. Guess what? Pool heater was not working. Got different stories each time including its fine its 82 degrees. It was not heated. To make it worse, the pool was not cleaned the entire time we were there. People used it each day including my kids but the same debris was there and then some additoinal stuff each day. Went twice to the snack bar to get something. The first time I tried to pay for some snacks, the guy at the front desk was on the phone and said don't worry its on me, I insisted on paying and he actually seemed annoyed. The second time, the lady at the front desk was on facebook oblivious that I was standing there behind her in the window opening. So I counted to 50 and came out of the snack area and around to the front desk to pay. In addition, when we checked out, David did not ask us how are stay was, I wonder why? Both my husband and I travel extensively for business and always stay at Hamptons. Definately the worse experience we've had at a Hampton. Yes they gave us a small discount for our inconvenience of the toilet and bathroom water temperture, but I would have much rather paid the regular price and have the real Hampton experience. We travel to Clearwater 1 or 2 times per year and we are Hilton owners, we will not go back. Very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank phpep
I sincerely apologize. We really dropped the ball in making sure you had an absolutely wonderful stay with us which is our goal for each and every guest. I have so much that I would like to say so I am hoping that you could contact me directly either by phone or email, which ever is easiest for you. 727-797-8173 or beki.lewie@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We traveled to this Hampton Inn because it was the closest to the Philadelphia Phillies spring training complex, Brighthouse Field. The nice thing about Hampton Inn's is that they are predictable-- clean and decent but nothing fancy. This one did the trick in every respect. The only problem was that the breakfast was subpar for a Hampton Inn. The eggs actually had to be powdered. Other than that, things were fine and I would recommend it

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review, it was very much appreciated. I do want to assure you that the eggs are not powered though...those the the new eggs that Hampton Inn started having us use instead of the previous ones. We are all going fresh and offerring a new varity of muffins, breads, danishes, fresh cut fruit and fresh, never frozen eggs. Right now the egg's are pretty much split down the middle on the guests that love them compared to the guest that really dislike them. I myself feel the new cheese omelets are awesome compared to the other ones we used before. Either way, I am glad you had a wonderful time and that we will see you again real soon. Have a wonderful week.
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

First of all, there was a roach in our room...gross. the hotel looks to be an older hotel. Cleanliness does not meet our standards with Hampton Inn's. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, just needs a little more attention to cleaning and upkeep

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that you felt the room wasn't cleaned properly. I wish you had brought that to our attention immediatly because we strive for excellent cleanliness and service each and every day. I hope that if you find yourself in the Clearwater area again you reach out to me and give our hotel another chance. Thank you for your survey and I hope you have an awesome summer.