“Clean rooms and great staff”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #64 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great place to stay. Very clean room and pool area. Staff were very accommodating. Breakfast eggs were dry - could not eat them..... Pool area very nice. Location of hotel a bit difficult to get to off highway 60 due to location.

1  Thank jdanderson32
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you so much for writing your review. I apologize your eggs were not moist as they should be and we have worked with the new breakfast host and made sure they are being cooked properly going forward. Thank you for bringing that to our attention so future guests don't encounter dry eggs. Several guests have encountered issues with getting to our location due to the construction on US 19 North. In case anyone else has difficulty I wanted to write directions in your review so if they read it prior to arriving they will not have the same issues.

If you are coming from 60 (Gulf to Bay Blvd) you want to turn like you are getting onto US 19 north however instead of getting on US 19 please get in the furthest left hand lane and take a U turn under the bridge at Drew street. At this point it will bring you up onto Frontage Road going South where you will find us on the right hand side.

If you are on US 19 North please get off on the Drew street exit. After coming down the exit ramp stay in the furthest left hand lane and take a U turn under the bridge. At this point it will bring you up onto Frontage Road going South where you will find us on the right hand side.

If you are on US 19 South please get off the Drew street exit and be in the lane that goes straight when you get to the light at the end of the exit ramp. Go straight thru the light and that will put you on Frontage Road and you will find us on the right hand side.

I hope these directions help everyone for future visits.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our room was very clean and comfortable for my husband and I and our 2 grandchildren. They played at the pool most of the day and met many nice children to play with. Hotel personnel very aqccommodating with early check-in and late check-out,

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so happy that you and your grandchildren had a wonderful stay with us. Hopefully you will find time for a return visit before summer ends. The pool, waterfall and kiddy toys will be waiting for your return. Thank you for filling out a survey and have a great week.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great hotel for the money you pay. I spent in July 2013 eight days with wife and two kids. Room was spacious, quiet and clean. Rich with variety complimentary breakfast, perfect pool for kids to play. The huge difference from other hotels, was the attentiveness of the morning receptionist, Ms. Liz. People make the difference at the end of the day

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I absolutely agree with you that the people make all the difference. We have an excellent staff that works so hard on making sure each guest has a wonderful experience and I am pleased that you mentioned Liz in your review. She has been with us for 3 years and is a treasure for sure. I am also very happy that you enjoyed your visit and hopefully you can have a repeat one with us very soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We checked in to this hotel after 9pm on 7/14. The room was great. Comfortable beds, clean...

Decent continental breakfast. Cozy.

Complaint: Pool closes at 10pm. Location has a lot of construction nearby and traffic. Not very fun to get to from Airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the excellent scores you gave us in your review. Other guests have mentioned the construction and location as well so I did post on one of the reviews easier directions on how to get everyone to us. I apologize about having to close the pool at 10pm each night however being an exterior property the noise would bother other guests that are trying to sleep so that is why the hours are set the way they are. As a mother of two I completely understand wanting to go for that late night swim especially when arriving later to the hotel however as a business traveler I also understand needing to get some rest before the next business day begins. Once again thank you for writing your review, it's because of reviews, comments and suggestions we are able to continue to improve for all future guests. We hope you can return soon before the summer is over.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The rooms at this Hampton are average as far as Hamptons go, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff makes this an excellent Hampton. The pool is great for kids, and the common areas are well taken care of. I've stayed here twice, and will continue to stay here in the future.

1  Thank Sara D

Thank you for mentioning how great the staff is. They work so hard on making sure each guest has an excellent stay and leaves with knowing they made the right decision in choosing us for their hotel while in the Clearwater area. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit so please don't hesitate on introducing yourself. I am in the breakfast area most morning so just stop me and say hi.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Overall the hotel was not what I expected. For the good - My room was clean. Now for the bad - When I arrived the front desk clerk acted like I was bothering her and was not friendly. I am a Diamond member with Hilton and I have not been treated with this level of disinterest in several years. The breakfast food was not up to par and I ended up finding alternative options. The oatmeal looked like it was over a day old even after trying to mix it up. They also did not have fresh bananas or apples available like all other Hampton's I have visited. I can't comment on the pool area since I did not visit it. For those who use the fitness area, depending on your room it may be located in a different building. Overall I can't recommend this to other business travelers based on my experience. I am returning to the area for business and will not be staying at this location.

Room Tip: Don't pick an upper floor if you have problems taking your luggage up stairs. There are no eleva...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick S
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I just received your review and wanted to respond right away. I apologize for the lack of service that was extended to you and wanted to thank you for bringing it to my attention as well. Our staff strives for excellence when it comes to guest service and cleanliness and to hear that one of them has failed to not just meet but exceed your expectations is very upsetting. You mentioned in your helpful tips that we don't have an elevator however we actually have one just outside the lobby side entrance for easy access to the second floor. Please accept apologies again that my front desk clerk failed to mention that to you upon arrival and when giving you directions to your room. I know time didn't permit however we do have a wonderful pool and courtyard area in the center of the hotel that shuts out the city life around us as well as the fitness center is newly remodeled with modern equipment which is located inside the main lobby area. Time is precious however I would love an opportunity to discuss your recent visit with us in more detail when you have a moment. I look forward to hearing from you and once again, thank you for your review.

Beki Lewie
beki.lewie@hilton.com
727-797-8173

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Clean and roomy. Soft bed mattress. Pool area was well taken care of. My room was hot, the AC unit did not work properly so the space where the kitchen area is located had very poor ventilation. Loved the two TV's and free wifi

2  Thank Sandra D

I apologize that your AC was not working properly during your visit with us. We are diligently going thru each and every room to make sure that they are cooling to the level they are suppose to. I just started here in April of this year and I agree the suites are awesome. Having two TV's would have been a dream to have when traveling with my children years ago. The suites also have the fridge and microwave in each of them where as the other rooms don't. The price for the suite is not much more than a standard room so those would always be my first choose considering the amount of space, fridge, microwave and the fact you can drive right up to your room and unload your car without having to lug all your bags thru a lobby, up an elevator and down a hall like staying at an interior property. Thank you for your review and I look forward to the future visits you may have with us.