“Still disgusted”

Hampton Inn Clearwater Central
Ranked #46 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
“Still disgusted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've never experienced at any hotel what my family and I experienced last night. We came in yesterday early morning for a family reunion. my sister already had a suite in the hotel so we decided to get a room there as well. my original reaction when I called in is that the room was nice but then in the first few min of being there we saw three baby roaches in the bathroom. My 6 year old climbed in the bed and went to sleep. I have 5 month old twins and decided to rinse their bottles that was when I saw a roach in the sink. I stepped back and noticed that there were several on the counter. I rinsed the one in the sink and came back only to find another there twice. I tried to use the phone to tell the front desk but it did not work. I called my cell to call and asked for my money back telling him that id like another room because this one was roach infested. he brought another room key with no problem and said id have to wait till the morning for a refund when the manager is in. We moved our things to the other room at 1 a.m with four children. when my fiance went to grab my son he then saw a roach climbing up the blanket of the bed I was to sleep on with the babies (because I was told there were no more cribs) and go to the middle of the bed. That was the icing on the cake along with the fact that when my fiance went to put on his shoe a roach went running from it. We were tired so we began to check the new room and saw nothing at first until we went into the bathroom where the roaches ran into the toilet paper dispenser to hide. needless to say we packed up and checked out. this was a terrible experience

• Stayed July 2013
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had during your family's recent stay at our hotel. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. I have been here since April and this is the first time I have heard of this type of situation happening. I received this only moments ago and it's after 6pm however first thing in the morning I will have our pest control company come out to complete a full inspection and take the appropriate action needed so this doesn't happen to another guest. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and once again please accept my apologies.

Beki Lewie, General Manager
beki.lewie@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Sunbury, OH, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Hampton Inn is more of a motel and not a hotel. Their web-site doesn't forewarn you about this. Its distance to the beaches is also kind of long. Its physical address/road is also under construction until 2016. The rooms are very small. Besides all that, it really is a good looking motel under this brand name, has a great pool area, and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Steven A
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I understand what you mean about motel compared to hotel because many people think of hotels as interior and motels as exterior. We don't want anyone to be surprised by the exterior entrances to their rooms and have posted a yellow banner across the top of our website letting everyone know however that still sometimes goes unseen. I actually love the exterior entrance simply for the convenience factor of being able to drive directly up to the room I will be staying at however I know that some guest prefer the interior entrance. Thank you so much for your comments and scores you gave us from your past stay. I hope that when in the area you choose to stay with us again.
Tampa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hampton Inn was very relaximg. The grounds were well maintained,and had a higher end resort quality. The breakfast area was clean and the variety of items was wonderful. The overall atmosphere once you were on the grounds made you forget the construction right outside the property!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Carol S
I completely agree with you about the grounds feeling like you are at a Caribbean type resort upon entering them. With the large pool, the waterfall over the kiddy pool and the hot tub to enjoy it just doesn't get any better than that. Thank you for staying with us and hopefully you will get a chance for a return visit very soon.
MARIANNA, FL, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

No accommodation to Hilton Gold members. We had a room over the parking lot when many more were available. Breakfast was lumpy scrambled eggs--clearly dried-- and fruit was stale. There was a wet cloth over the smoke detector (why?) that was removed when we commented the next morning. Access to lobby and breakfast area had to be through a gamut of smokers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Laurence E. K
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I responded to you on the Hilton survey you recieved however I want to extend my apologies again to you. What you experienced during your visit without question was unacceptable. We appreciate you pointing out the items you did and sharing your experience so we can continue to improve and work on making each guests future stay a perfect one. What you experienced was not the norm but the exception and I want you to know that. Once again, please except my apologies and thank you for your recent survey.

Beki Lewie
Palm Bay, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Come enjoy a super hotel old Florida style with outside room entrance...no heavy walking through the lobby to your room...rooms are beautiful, clean, and smelling great...beds...what can I say...never slept better...great pool, great location, great breakfast...can't wait to stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Theresa P
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
The staff read your review yesterday and I wanted to let you know how much they appreciated it. They work so hard to make sure that every guest has as perfect of a stay as you did and they wanted me to tell you thank you for writing that review. Enjoy your summer and we hope to see you again soon.
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were doing a driving tour of the Gulf coast, and booking hotels wherever we felt like stopping. We prefer Hampton Inns, because they're consistent - we're never surprised by what we get. And my wife says they have the comfiest beds she's ever slept in. A quick search on our phones sitting in a Clearwater parking lot turned this one up, with some mixed reviews, and I wasn't sure what to expect, but the price was good and it was just for two nights.

On the whole, we were quite pleased. The room was a little smaller than we're used to in a Hampton, and the bathroom was downright tiny, but it's just the two of us traveling, and we weren't going to be spending all day in the room or shepherding small children. And the motel-style layout - two floors of rooms opening onto walkways surrounding a pool and patio - was just fine, not at all what I feared.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NiceGuy76
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I recently stayed for a few nights whilst doing some training in central Florida. I wanted to be near the beach and not more than an hour's drive from my training course so chose this place.

Quite easy to find, on the side of US19 and the Gulf to Bay Blvd. It's less than a 10 minute drive to the beach and very easy to head inland towards Tampa if needed. It's unusual in that the layout is more motel like, where you drive up to check-in and then drive around and park your car outside your room, which are all spread around the central pool area.

Check-in was very fast, and I was allocated a ground floor room. The room itself was an ok size, not overly large but spae to walk around the double bed. Fairly modern decor in the usual Hampton style, large flat screen tv and coffee making facilites.

The bathroom is fairly small, with a bathtub and toilet. The basin is outside in the main room and doubles up as a coffee area. Wi-fi was free and fast.

Breakfast is the usual Hampton fare, no problems there. The pool area is nice, plenty of space and a separate jacuzzi tub.

No problems staying here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Blackheathbloke
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor, it is very much appreciated. I myself love the exterior propertys and there are so few left. It's wonderful to be able to drive up and park right outside your room instead of having to haul all your items in thru the lobby, up the elevator and down the hall to your room. I am very glad you found us and hope that when you find yourself in the Clearwater area again you will enjoy another repeat visit.