“Nice stay”

Ranked #83 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Nice place to stay even with the near by airport it is centrally located and close to food and near by beaches rooms are clean and fairly priced as well as having hot breakfast staff are friendly over all great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Swamprider,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are so glad that you chose us for your business travelers. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Quality Inn &Suites Clearwater

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Even though the motel was undergoing some work we were very satisfied with our stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a nice place to eat next door, or plenty of other choices near by. Traffic in this area can be very heavy at times, and you are right next to a major airport, but the noise really wasn't an issue.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear NewYorkBowhunter,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I had prepaid for 6 nights to get a better rate. Upon arrival, my room was disgusting. Everything was filthy, the sink had not been cleaned in I don't know how long, the chair was so dirty I wouldn't sit in it. The front door (outdoor aisles) was so loose I could hear all the noise outside. Because I arrived late in the day I had to spend one night. The breakfast area is actually two hotel rooms and is thoroughly depressing, matching the atmosphere of the room. Management at least did listen to my complaints and refunded my money so I could go elsewhere. Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. The Sleep Inn nearby is excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Pete H,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We value all guest feedback. We use all guest feedback to make the changes needed to make the hotel better. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

What really misses in the hotel description is that it is adjacent to the airport pit.
It is not a big airport but from 7 AM every 15/30 mins a big plane takes off or lands and it really looks like your bed is on the airplane lane. It is very difficult to go over it, even if you are a big fun of Top Gun... The other big spot of the hotel is the breakfast. It is served in a room properly structured. The problem is that this room is too small and after 8 AM people have to wait standing for a free seat...
The rest is OK. The room was big and clean and the restroom is OK.
Next time i'll select an hotel FAR from the airport!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valerio,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will make sure to pass this feedback on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to l make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

When I walked in my first room the pillow were thrown all around one bed the other bed was made. I thought maybe someone was in the room or it had not been cleaned so I left the door open...I looked in the bathroom the toliet had hair around the seat and lots of hair on the walls of the shower. I was so tired and just wanted to rest but would not settle for this. I went to the front desk and Alex was polite but he was the only employee there helping guests, answering phones which was not helpful for the guests. I told him about my room and he was just as disappointed as I was. He offered me an king room instead....I told him it could be a cot as long as it's clean because I was so tired. I got to the second room....the bed was made!! (Small things in life :) But then I got to the bathroom and the water seems like it was running forever....there is lime buildup....:( Very disappointing for Quality Inn...I won't even take a shower here since it's a one night stay and I will never stay here again....Older rooms, not very clean, understaffed, room shaking when plane went by, some sketchy people here kind of important when your room key doesn't work the first four times!!! I've stayed at much better for much less!

Room Tip: Choose elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear frequenttraveler,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. We are very sorry that you were satisfied with your stay. We are currently trying to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. We are currently undergoing renovation to make this hotel better. Thank you for your thoughts. We will make sure that we pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I checked into the Quality Inn for a two evening stay. My overall average rating is based on room 239 (terrible) and room 141 (very good).

I checked into room 239 and found that it may have been one of the dirtiest rooms I have ever stayed in. Every surface was either dusty or dirty. There was a liquid subtance on the mirrors and picture frames. The toilet bowl was not cleaned. The towel rack was partially torn from the wall. The bathtub was stained and the wallboard cracked. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but it was evident that the room had been smoked in because it lingered everywhere. There where 3 cigerette butts sitting outside the door.

Joe from the front desk called shortly after and asked how my room was and I told him what I found. To Joe's credit he was polite, professional, and offered a solution to get a new room the following day.

When I checked into room 141, I found a room that was spotless and what I would have expexted in the first place for a Quality Inn. The only issue with this room was there was no phone to make outside calls.

Morning breakfast was the standard fare and it did offer fruit.

This hotel is located at the end of the runway to the St. Pete's Airport, but the air-traffic is minimal and does not effect those who are up early.

My scores befow are based on room 141.

Room Tip: Be aware there is an airport beside the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear NSRoadRunner,

Thank you so much for your feedback about the hotel. We are very sorry about the inconvenience with the first room that you were given. We are so very sorry about this. We will use this feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed for a night and was glad it as for one night only. Room 144 faced right opposite the runway of Clearwater airport. When bigger aircraft departed, the whole room was shaking, windows vibrating. Cleanliness was fine, though the fridge had some very unsightly staines on its door. On the plus side, the staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: choose a room that does not face the airfield
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Danilein

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and concerns about the hotel. We are very sorry if your were inconvenienced. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.