“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Streamwood, Illinois
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel is clean, the staff is very friendly and the rooms are spacious. The location is convenient and the cost is reasonable. The exercise room is a little lacking, but overall the stay is pleasant. We stay here often and have never had a bad experience yet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard - it's quiter on that side.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Memphis, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My stay at this Homewood Suites was fair in terms of the location and price. The quality of the furnishings, etc. was less than adequate as the leather was flaking off of the chairs, etc. The location was great with access to numerous ameneties.

1 Thank Eustis C
Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I always enjoy staying at the Homewood Suites. it provides room for a family and the breakfast always changes. If you are there during the week, Monday through Thursday they even provide a dinner. It is well worth the money.

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hotel was nice. traffic was horrible during our trip. Plus the rain but can't control that. Breakfast was very adequate. Lots of kids at this hotel, was spring break. Hotel good for an overnite or two, we were there for funeral otherwise I would try and stay closer to ocean.

Room Tip: Stay away from 136, right next to housekeeping.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mattoon, Illinois
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Let me start by saying that we are very committed to staying at Drury Hotels. Until last year when we found our first Homewood Suited in Chicago. So since then we have been looking for Homewood Suites when no Drury's were available.
We booked this hotel for a short 2 day vacation after our Carnival Cruise came back in Tampa. At first glance the hotel was very inviting. The check in procedure was easy. We had arrive earlier than we expected and our room wasn't available, but after some switch around by the desk clerk she found us a room that was ready.
The rooms are very nice with a king in one "room" and a queen sofa sleeper in the other. There are TV's in both rooms as well as a fully stocked kitchen with a full size refrigerator.
We enjoyed the complimentary dinner the first night which was lasagna with all the fixings, and salad. They also have a happy hour during that time with beer and wine. This is what surprised me, the beer taps were just opened and you were free to drink what you wanted, this is very different from Drury where they only give you 3 drinks per person. I am not saying that its a free for all in drinking, but it seemed much more relaxed when I didn't have to "check out" a drink.
We went back to the room to get ready for bed because we were going to leave early for the beach the next day. When we pulled out the sleeper sofa we noticed that the springs at the head of the bed were pretty much all gone, making it very difficult to sleep on. I went to the front desk and talked to Cristina who came down to the room and looked at it. She said she only had one room available to move us into and it was smoking, since my son has asthma we politely declined. Cristina took it upon her self to bring extra blankets to the room to help prop the bed up to make it more comfortable to sleep. She told me that first thing in the morning she would have it fixed.
After a slightly restless for my wife and son who were on the sofa we headed off to the beach for the day. I stopped by the desk and told Armando that we were leaving for the day. When we returned there was a message on my phone stating that the couch had been replaced and our room rate was dropped from 159.00 to 99.00 for that last night due to our inconvenience.
The last night the food was great again and we all got a great nights sleep. I also must mention that the food is excellent especially the breakfast and its included in the price. I don't have anything but positive things to say about the staff, each and everyone I encountered was super friendly and made us feel welcome.
I can say that after my 2nd stay at a Homewood Suites I think I am now converting from Drury's to Homewood Suites. Thanks to the staff at Clearwater Homewood Suites for a great stay. My family appreciates it.

Room Tip: The evening dinner and drinks as well as the breakfast is outstanding.
Longwood, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This Homewood Suites is fairly close to Gulf. Lots of traffic getting there. Leave early in the morning if you want parking space at the beach. Hotel was not exceptional in any way but a good value. Hotel front desk was less than exceptional.

Corpus Christit, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had an excellent stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful. All meals were good, the wine and beer relaxing after a hard day in meetings. The room was clean with everything in working order. I did not use the internet however, I have found at all Hilton Hotels it is always working and available.